Author Topic: Remote Workers in Genesys  (Read 1638 times)

Offline PFCCWA

Remote Workers in Genesys
« on: March 17, 2020, 07:22:40 PM »
Hello

I am sure we have all been affected by the coronavirus outbreak around the world.
Just noticed this page that Genesys have created to show possible options for those contact centres looking at working from home options

https://www.genesys.com/en-gb/emergency-response/remote-workers-solution

What it doesn't provide is further information from an architecture point of view.
I am presuming we would need the SIP Server solution (a link to sip server deployment guide is provided so taking this as a hint).

What is everyone else doing?

thanks.

Offline cavagnaro

• Administrator
Re: Remote Workers in Genesys
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2020, 02:47:11 AM »
Considerations and assumptions
Remote workers must have a voice endpoint that can be used.
For premises-based systems, limited reporting capabilities; for cloud-based systems, full reporting is available.
WFM and Forecasting Impact
For premises-based systems, no screen-pop or application access; for cloud-based systems, screen-pops to other cloud-based CRM tools should function.
For premises-based systems, potential PSTN cost for every remote agent logged in;  this doesn’t apply to cloud-based systems if agents leverage WebRTC.

From this you can figure out a architecture. WebRTC or PSTN...you need to configure of course some SIP Trunk to send traffic to Genesys cloud

Offline akarachi

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2020, 10:42:34 PM »
Hello,

the issue is the first login into WDE. My agent is not able to log in as it says that there is no endpoint to register to ie VOICE Channel is not available. My contact info in the Tserver Annex tab of the extension is also never populated, hence SIP server never makes the outbound call to nail up my agent. I believe the annex tab contact should automatically be filled in but I guess that is not the case. should I manually put in the address of the SIP server or the IP address of the Gateway

Offline cavagnaro

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2020, 10:52:32 PM »
Wait but Genesys should have sent you the instructions on how to configure your agents. Basically you will probably be looking for or Nailed up agents or DN Less agents.
Please look with them what you need to configure. We have no way to help you in blind mode.

Enviado de meu SM-N9600 usando o Tapatalk

Offline vmc

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2020, 08:41:34 AM »
Some of our customers agents are logging into places run off CUCM TServer, not SIP Server.  They're also not using WDE but a bespoke agent desktop application. 

I'd always assumed for them to use WDE and SIP Endpoints, a whole other license  was required (SIP Interaction??). 

Also, the Genesys email says something about "on-premises customers can convert existing licenses to 90day work-from-home licenses for free".  What exactly are "work-from-home" licenses??

Offline cavagnaro

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2020, 09:50:40 AM »
Means, use your current licenses as SIP server users so you can use features i mentioned. I am doing that right now, moving Alcatel users to SIP Server.
Few changes at routing strategies, critical ones and done.
Inbound of course being the priority.

Do you have that mail? Where to write to?

Enviado de meu SM-N9600 usando o Tapatalk