Author Topic: May I use same ID for Detect Event and Cancel Event in SCI? (SCS 7.1)  (Read 1818 times)

Offline Gef Buneri

• Madness is just a point of view.
Hi all, hope everything's fine around there.

When creating/configuring an Alarm Condition in SCI, may I use the same code for both Detect Event and Cancel Event parameters on a single condition? or is mandatory to use two distinct codes?

Best regards,

Gef.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 12:18:18 AM by Gef Buneri »

Offline cavagnaro

• Administrator
Re: May I use same ID for Detect Event and Cancel Event in SCI? (SCS 7.1)
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2020, 04:17:25 AM »
Hey Gef! How are you doing? Hope everything fine in Italy which has been more heavy impacted...Stay safe

About the ID, no, need to be a different one or a timer

Offline Gef Buneri

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2020, 09:07:24 AM »
Hi Cav. Here in Italy the situation is quite bad ad the moment, especially in the north of the country; Since 7 of March I'm stuck at home due to the risk of contagion moving outside. My luck I can work from home and I live in a "low precence" area. Hope everything will get better soon for everyone, but I fear thhis will need still 1 or 2 more months if people will respect the rules. In your country is everything allright?

Going back to the question, I mean in SCI I have a predefined number of codes of a specific type I can use from URS (015-22001~22020), but if I have to assign 2 codes, in fact I can create only 10 conditions (2 codes start/clean each). My target is to have all 20 codes to create 20 different reactions. I already assign a 1hour cooldown time for the alarm.

Offline cavagnaro

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2020, 03:31:09 AM »
Well no, because when SCS receives the event, how can it know which to trigger?
Also, custom codes are usually to signal a problem or a specific event... Like a DB problem for each call... How can a different call clean the previous error?

Here in Brazil things are quite slow... Which worries me. At Peru I was there two weeks ago and was able to leave just before the borders were closed. There the action plan is much faster and hope will help to prevent. I also see a month task, will not be fast... Stay safe there.

Enviado de meu SM-N9600 usando o Tapatalk

Offline Gef Buneri

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2020, 06:18:48 PM »
Hi Cav. Cancel Code can be blank, leaving the cancelation only on timeout? (the goal is still to have as many different available conditions as possible).

I agree... readiness is fundamental in the management of this problem, but sadly in most cases everithing seems to move really slowly on both sides, management and people. Stay safe too.

Offline cavagnaro

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2020, 03:43:54 AM »
Hi Cav. Cancel Code can be blank, leaving the cancelation only on timeout? (the goal is still to have as many different available conditions as possible).

Yes, that is what I do, and store them at DB so I can check later

Be safe and hope everything is ok

Offline Gef Buneri

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2020, 05:00:19 AM »
Ok, got it; thank you very much.

Good luck for everything.

Offline genesysguru

• Genesys Guru Blog
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2020, 08:39:04 PM »
I've written Kafka Producers which uses the PDSK so that I can publish events (such as Log Server messages) onto topics and then consume them for analysis purposes in microservices.

Regards
Craig