Author Topic: GVP with Avaya CTI  (Read 6534 times)

Offline cavagnaro

• Administrator
GVP with Avaya CTI
« on: August 14, 2008, 12:08:01 AM »
Hi guys,
I have to integrate a GVP with Avaya CTI...I'm completely lost on Avaya...do you have any idea on how can achieve this? How can I make GVP "talk" to an external CTI?
Thanks

Offline victor

• Administrator
Re: GVP with Avaya CTI
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 03:32:27 PM »
Ahm pickup data from T1 and use UUI?

Offline cavagnaro

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 02:17:32 AM »
 ??? Sorry Vic but don't understand, on Genesys CTI I install IServer and IVR TServer so make the integration, what do I have to install on GVP (no genesys components at all) so I can pass collected data from GVP to the agent?

Offline cavagnaro

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2008, 05:07:35 AM »
HI Vic,
This is what customer has:

Pbx Avaya S8700 Communication Manager 1
CTI: Avaya CT versión 1.2

Offline René

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2008, 06:07:06 AM »
Hi Cav,

I have no experience with Avaya CT so my suggestion/idea could be absolutely wrong. I would try to find a unique call identifier that is available on both GVP and Avaya CT sides. Once having it I would store all collected data to database and read them later on desktop side.

If I'm not wrong Avaya CT is CTI Server based on JTAPI or CSTA that allows you software control (answer, dial etc.) over phoneset but it doesn't support features like Attached Data.

R.

Offline cavagnaro

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2008, 09:41:55 AM »
 :-\ That is interesting René, I also thought on the middle table solution, however even on Alcatel enviroment I don't see what data I could use to be unique when GVP receives the call and the PBX itself...maybe the ANI in a determined interval? But would be too risky or not 100% accurate...

Offline MarcRobinson

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 10:38:17 PM »
We're not using Avaya CTI, but a purpose-built CTI that's unique to us. I'm assuming that much of what we do will apply to you, because the required tasks are the same -- CTI all does more or less the same things, whoever you are.

The way we do it is this:

Our T-Servers are behind the switch. We're using TDM, not IP telephony. Our routing is done by the PBX, not by Genesys.

When a human agent starts her shift, she logs into a CTI application on her desktop with two things: her i.d. (associated with her skills) and her telephone extension. The CTI application reports these two things and the PC name to the T-Server so the T-Server will know which PC and which phone extension are associated.

The active T-Server monitors the extensions of the GVPs and the human agents.
When a caller zeroes out, the GVP returns the call to the PBX, with a VDN that tells where to route it (e.g., to an agent with a skill for MO start-service). The PBX notifies the T-Server what agent extension the call will be going to.

At the time the GVP does this, it also send a message to the T-Server with data it collected during the call: the caller's account number and phone number.

When the PBX decides what agent's extension to route the call to, the PBX notifies the T-Server that a call is going there.

The T-Server looks up the PC that's associated with that extension (it knows this because of the CTI login the agent did when she reported for work). The T-Server then sends the information about the call (phone number and account number, as collected by the GVP) to an application on the agent's PC.

The PC (agent desktop) application takes the account number from the message and plugs this into the terminal emulator the agents use to interact with the customer database. (If necessary, the application will back up to the initial screen so it can enter the data at a place where it knows the data can be retrieved.) It hits "ENTER" on the screen, and the data populates. In other words, the agent gets a screen pop.

The stuff that's required in order to do this is:
    T-Server configurations to collect and associate the data
    GVP setup so it will send the call data to the T-Server
    PBX setup -- agent i.d.s, skills, VDNs, and so on
    CTI login application on the agent desktop
    CTI screen pop application on the agent PC
    Appropriate configurations on the agent PC: .NET server names, etc.
I hope I haven't left anything out.

As I say, I don't know Avaya CTI for Genesys (though we used to do it on our Conversant VRUs, and it was similar, though less complex). I hope this is similar enough to help.
-- Marc Robinson

Offline cavagnaro

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 10:48:27 PM »
Hi,
Very interesting information. May I ask, how many TServers do you have? You state "GVP setup so it will send the call data to the T-Server" but how? This customer will not have Genesys Framework, I believe that it is the main difference, otherwise I'd install the TServer IVR and it should work as I know to do it so.
Thanks

Offline MarcRobinson

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2008, 12:41:52 AM »
The GVP uses TXML to transfer the call. This sends the caller ANI and some other information to the T-Server. I'm not sure how the GVP sends the account number to the T-Server, because this doesn't appear to be in the .jsp code. I've forgotten how this data transfer works; I'll look into it and let you know.

We have 2 T-Servers in a hot standby arrangement at our active site. Formerly, we had 4 T-Servers, 2 at each call center in hot standby arrangements (before our  company sold in 2 parts to other companies). When a PBX sent a call to the remote call center, the active T-Server at the remote call center would ask the T-Server at the call center where the GVP took the call for information about the call, and then pop the screen at the receiving agent's desktop. Very complex, but it worked nicely. The call could arrive at either call center and be handled by the GVP there, and when the GVP gave the call back to the PBX, it could be sent to an agent at the remote site and the agent there would still get the screen pop.
-- Marc Robinson

Offline cavagnaro

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2008, 01:42:08 AM »
Yes, however TServer understands XML because it is designed to do it so. But without a TServer (our case) that would be complicated.