Author Topic: check for agents login and ready  (Read 5590 times)

Offline kishore

check for agents login and ready
« on: March 21, 2009, 06:52:09 AM »
Hi all,

I am trying to form a logic to send the call to voice mail if no agents are available (i mean not logged in and not ready state)

i could form logic to check agents logged in.
SData['virtual_agents@statserverur.GA','StatAgentsAvailable'] > 0.000000

pls help me how to check if agents are not ready?

Thanks in advance

Offline PhoneBill

• It's a swingline
Re: check for agents login and ready
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 08:01:22 AM »
StatAgentsAvailable would tell you if they are ready, if you want to verify first that they are logged in, you can use StatAgentsTotal, e.g. SData['virtual_agents@statserverur.GA','StatAgentsTotal'] > 0.000000.

However, the StatAgentsAvailable will check that they are logged in, since no agent can be available if they are not logged in.  In other words, you were on the right track.

You can also use the same logic to check the state of individual agents, e.g. SData['bsmith@statserverur.A','StatAgentsAvailable'] > 0.000000.
The .A denotes that this is an agent statistic, as opposed to the group of agents, .GA

Additionally, instead of using the specific group or agent name, you can create a variable that represents the agent or agent group name and use that instead.  You must ensure the format is correct: ObjectName@StatServerName.ObjectType.  For example, we use varusername to represent the agent, varusername = 'bsmith@statserverur.A', so it would be SData[varusername,'StatAgentsAvailable']>0.000000

We use agent targeting and voicemail a bit differently:
We first check if the StatAgentTotal is greater than 0, indicating they are logged in after which we target their username for 18 seconds.  If the agent does not become available within those 18 seconds, they are routed to voicemail by connecting the red port of the agent target step to a TRoute function that sends the call to the voicemail extension.  We give only ringback treatment, consequently, the caller experience is similar to ringing at a phone 3 times and then forwarding to voicemail. 

If the agent is not logged in, the value is 0, we immediately route the call to voicemail.  I expect savvy callers would learn that calls going immediately to voicemail indicates that the agent is not logged in.

Hi all,

I am trying to form a logic to send the call to voice mail if no agents are available (i mean not logged in and not ready state)

i could form logic to check agents logged in.
SData['virtual_agents@statserverur.GA','StatAgentsAvailable'] > 0.000000

pls help me how to check if agents are not ready?

Thanks in advance

Offline kishore

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 01:54:59 AM »
thanks PhoneBill,

that explained me a lot. that was really cool explination.

Offline siLent_sTeZel

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 04:37:51 PM »
The problem you are having is that the phone system will route a call to an available agent. That means if they are logged in, and not on AUX. There phone will ring. If you want to handle this as and Agents forgets to logout, or go to AUX before they leave there desk then you need to use Redirect On No Answer. You set that up on the Skill/Hunt group screen. With out that, the system dose not care that an agents is not at his station, it only cares that they phone said he was ready to take a call, and it sent one to him. That is the ringing you are hearing is the ringing of the agents phone.