Author Topic: Agent skill levels and reporting  (Read 4403 times)

Offline scoll7567

Agent skill levels and reporting
« on: April 01, 2011, 06:39:37 AM »
We use skill based routing to route calls to our agents.  Each agent has roughly 12 skills and the levels of each skill changes based on the team to which the agent belongs.  Two quick question:

1. Is there a report or a way to export the agent skill information?  a report that shows skills assigned to each agent and at what level.

2. Is an historical table/data that shows me when an agent skill or skill level was changed?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 08:01:06 AM by scoll7567 »

Offline Kevin S

Re: Agent skill levels and reporting
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 12:23:30 PM »
scoll -
Re: 1, there is not a predefined report, though you should be able to create one on your own via SQL and a little bit of research.
Two of the tables you would need to query from your Config Database are cfg_person and cfg_skill, which will give you your agents and your skills. I'm pretty sure that there is another table that contains the joining of the two, but off the top of my head, I could not tell you which one.
HOWEVER -
If you turn on full logging to your config server and cfg_dbserver logs (recommend doing in lab environment) and change a skill, you should be able to see what tables you need to touch in the middle.

Re: 2, the only way I could think of would be within the database using insert/update triggers, HOWEVER
****** WARNING  *******
I would do research on this because it could adversely impact not only the integrity of the data but also the performance of the Config Server during updates. Genesys Support may also not provide support on issues that possibly were caused by such modifications to the config DB.

Determine how necessary item 2 is, then proceed with caution.

Offline fnunezsa

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 08:53:39 AM »
If you need to track down any configuration change, then you should enable Management layer audit feature.

Do you happen to have ICON/GIM? If you do, then you can get all that data (skill assigment and modification) from ICON DB or GIM DB.

GCP7 - CIV, DIV, CVP, CGIM
GCP8 - COV, CiWD

tony

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 05:52:40 PM »

Offline scoll7567

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 03:35:24 AM »
Spotlight seems to be exactly what we need.  Any idea on the approx cost?

Offline GenUser

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 08:35:27 PM »
If you want an audit solution that excels in feature, design and integration with Genesys, check out the functional overview and architecture slides under : http://auditgen.com/en/auditgen-overview
And all that won't cost you an arm and a leg :)