Author Topic: Attaching UserData without URS, GVP or T-Lib  (Read 2872 times)

Offline rainmasterrr

Attaching UserData without URS, GVP or T-Lib
« on: April 29, 2011, 09:51:18 AM »
Hi, is it possible to do this? Ideally I want to be able to attach some UserData to calls based on which queue DN the calls are forwarded to. So UserData's with static value would be enough for me. Basically I'm trying to avoid buying component license only to do this simple thing. I am not going to need those mentioned components for any other purposes.

Thanks.

Offline cavagnaro

• Administrator
Re: Attaching UserData without URS, GVP or T-Lib
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 10:17:26 AM »
Which PBX do you have? IVR? Maybe UUData?

Now if you don't want to use any Genesys component why you want to attach data then? To use it then at least TLib will be needed, of course, considering any Genesys component is involved...otherwise we can think you are asking this for a non-Genesys solution?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 10:19:00 AM by cavagnaro »

Offline rainmasterrr

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 03:37:33 PM »
Which PBX do you have? IVR? Maybe UUData?

We're using Avaya switch. The key name has to be something we define, so using UUData is not an option for us.

Now if you don't want to use any Genesys component why you want to attach data then?

It's more because of non-technical reasons... anyway, from what I gathered basically this is not possible without using those mentioned components. A quick question, do you know by any chance if a license is required to use t-lib? Thanks again.

Offline René

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 05:26:55 PM »
Hi,

You should be able to develop an T-Lib/Voice Platform SDK based application  that will monitor selected DNs/objects on Avaya switch and attach required data to the call (User Data). However, you may get into troubles if call doesn't stay on the DN for time required to process the request. Plus, you should check with Genesys/ALU what kind of license is needed for such development.

R.