Author Topic: Need to play 7.6 applications on GVP 8.1 (with CTI connector & ASR)  (Read 38252 times)

anoredis

Hello,
I need some help over here. I have installed 8.1 successfully and it's working perfectly. I have no experience (very little actually) with 7.6. I know that the application is generated as a set of asp files and to provide it you must set the IVR profile src to start.asp of the application. In GVP 8 I just point it to the Main.vxml. I have configured MCP LRG and an IVR profile that is using the Legacy GVP interpreter and points to the start.asp(?).
The call is established but I hear nothing. What am I doing wrong here?

Offline Kubig

Not hear about some pre-requisities with ASP scripts. It is just one of the type of language for writting web application, currently ASP is end-of-life and ASP.NET is using as major platform, but it is not related to the GVP and Genesys in general of course. MCP can get the vxml file from various directory as a webserver (most used option), filesystem (best for testing purposes), from network folder.So, all depends on your deployment and needs. You just have to add valid "address" of your vxml file to the IVR profile - if you have webapp which returns vxml, you have to point to the URL of this webapp, in other case point to the vxml directly (for example file:///C:/GVP/scripts/helloworld.vxml).
Genesys certified professional consultant (GVP, SIP, GIR and Troubleshooting)

anoredis

Thanks for replying Kubig.
So, for targeting a 7.6 application which doesn't contain a vxml file in its folder should I target the start.asp generated by Genesys Studio?

Offline Kubig

I do not know how is builded your application, but MCP need vxml for executing and it can get via HTTP protocol as I said in last topic. I do not know what do start.asp page, what returns to the GET requests.

anoredis

The application is built with Gensys Studio application. It generates .asp pages. In 7.6 GVP, in the IVR profile you set the URI to http://myServer/myProject/start.asp. There is no vxml. But what about GVP 8.1? I set the URI same way as above (no vxml just a start.asp page) and I hear nothing...
Anyone, any syggestions?

Offline Kubig

What says MCP logs? What returns the webapp for first GET? Are you using MCP with version 8.1.4 and below (higher version does not support GVPi)

anoredis

Not sure about the MCP logs. All seems normal. A lot of 200 OK and it fetches the page content and structure. Yes, I am aware of that. I use 8.1.4.
So, regardless what I have done. What is the correct path to follow when you are trying to get 7.6 applications to work with your 8.1 GVP? You just add a new IVR profile and tell it to use the legacy interpreter for the page you are targeting in its URI or you need to provide additional congiguration?

Offline Kubig

I cannot help, I have never used the Genesys studio for developing the vxml applications. From general point of view, no changes are necessary within using 7.6 vxml app with 8.1 GVP.

anoredis

Thanks Kubig, no worries.
Does anybody know the drill? How do you target a 7.6 application through GVP 8.1?  ???

Offline Kubig

Thanks Kubig, no worries.
Does anybody know the drill? How do you target a 7.6 application through GVP 8.1?  ???
as I wrote, application from 7.6 release (written in LGVP) is possible to play on GVP 8.1 (with MCP lower than 8.1.5 version) in general. It is necesssary to use application that are using ASP? What is IIS configuration for this application? You are not still answer the question about MCP logs, without similiar information is not possible to help you.

anoredis

I have no access to the applications server. The applications are written in asp. Start.asp is something like the index.html of the application which defines the structure of the application. In the uri of the IVR profile i set the path to start.asp. as I would do with the Main.vxml of an  application created with composer. I can send you the mcp log if you want, I cannot point to something specific in it

Offline genesysguru

• Genesys Guru Blog
I seem to remember some options somewhere to specify which VoiceXML interpreter to use e.g. the old VoiceGenie one or the next generation one (NGI?). Sorry - short of time or would have checked the documentation for you.

anoredis

Thank you very much for your reply genesysguru!
The option (at least the one I am aware of) is where you define a new IVR profile in Genesys Administrator. I have set it but still no luck.
Thank you very much for your time!

Offline Kubig

I repeat myself..logs,logs,logs...

Offline mfsaez

As far as I remember there is an option to enable the legacy mode in the MCP. You must take care that the legacy mode is not supported in the last versions of MCP (8.1.7). As far as I know, the last MCP version that support Legacy mode is 8.1.4...

Regards