Author Topic: Need to play 7.6 applications on GVP 8.1 (with CTI connector & ASR)  (Read 37712 times)

anoredis

mfsaez I did not mess with any of the MCP options. I only set it in the IVR profile. I have installed the 8.1.4 version because I need CTI Connector and this is the last version that supports it.

Yes, kubig, you are right. I have managed to get it working. The ASR is working as well, at least in 8 applications. Simple test applications that I have created for 7.6 (just a couple of prompts) play as well. Now my concern is the architecture and how to set the CTI connector to work properly because I target complex applications that require CTI information. So far, the call is dropped because it asks for attached data.

Offline Kubig

You are false. CTI connector is supported in all version of GVP 8.1, it means 8.1.4+ as well. You never talked about CTI integration in this topic... What is your problem with CTI connector integration? Which function from CTI "portfolio" need? I think that CTI connector is no needed as more for almost function.
Genesys certified professional consultant (GVP, SIP, GIR and Troubleshooting)

anoredis

I am really new to this but I remember well that in the documentation it is stated that CTI connector is supported till 8.1.4. Additionally, my supervisor insisted that I installed this version for that cause. The case is this. We have a customer that has developed numerous applications in 7.6 and wants to migrate to 8.1 without messing with them. As far as I know the applications require userdata and that drops the call because of ctic misconfiguration. It would be GREAT if I hadn't to implement CTI connector...

Offline Kubig

So, ok..what is the problem within deployment of CTI Connector in your env?

Offline cavagnaro

• Administrator
CTI connector is a must for you as it is the "replacement" of TServer IVR con 7.6. On 8.x you don't need it because UserData goes with SIP headers and handled by SIP Server.

anoredis

Happy New Year to everyone!! I wish you the best for 2014!!

I have implemented a solution with CTI connector.  I still can't get it working. I have followed the "Voice Platform Solution 8.1 Integration Guide" for a behind mode. I have created a simple application with a prompt and a userdata which tries to fetch the connID. In my CTI connector log i get the following.
Code: [Select]
2014-01-07 11:17:04.255 DBUG 00000000-00000000 2748 0AC00000 XMLMsgProcessThrd.cpp:58 Posting the XML page : <?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?><!DOCTYPE GctiMsg SYSTEM 'IServer.dtd'><GctiMsg><CallId>F3B21374-AD9E-4B13-C8BB-9CE922CBB27B</CallId><EndCall EndCause='FeatureNotSupported'/></GctiMsg> I also have some questions that are not clarified in the manual (at least I did not find it) or it is not clear to me.
1) What is the "client name" which is a mandatory property in the CTI connector options? Is it the tenant name (like Resources?)
2) I have the RP 4900 which targets the place group which contains the 4901-4903 places. I have also created the 4901-4903 IVR ports. Can you please explain how the routing will be done? I do not have a clear picture of this. How is the whole procedure linked with an IVR profile?

Thank you all for your help!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 06:46:03 PM by anoredis »

Offline Kubig

Here is no education center, so do not expect that anybody will want to explain whole procedure and call flow of GVP model. In general, routing selects free place which is linked to the VTP port. The VTP port should be configured to contact RM in object annex. So, SIP server sends SIP invite to the RM and he checks CTI integration configuration (if is enabled, forced, etd.). RM decide if the CTI is necessary, if yes..sends SIP to the CTIC. CTIC gets DNIS through IVR T-Server and sends SIP invite to the RM for mapping IVR profile,choose free MCP and execute VXML script.
Clientname in CTIC configuration has to be pointed to the IVR object in Genesys configuration.

PS: You did not still answer the main question..why are you using CTIC? What are the reasons? Integration without CTIC is more simple and cover most of provided funcionalies.

anoredis

Thanks for the explanation Kubig.
I have stated earlier that I have to use CTIC because the client wants to use 7.6 applications. Migration is only done through CTIC as it is mentioned in the documentation and instructed by my supervisor. It would be great if it didn't cause it would be fewer steps to be taken. If you know a workaround I would be grateful

Offline Kubig

Properly execution of 7.6 GVP application does not require CTI. It is not a prerequisite.CTIC is necessary in scenario when you need to use IVR T-Server (laarge environments) or to use functions that are available only through CTIC (ie. GetAccessNumber, Delete/replace KVP via T-Lib, GetStatistic). So, if no one from reason above does not meet it, you can deployGVP without CTIC and IVR T-Server. I strongly recommend to you use GVP without CTIC (it is more easier configuration and deployment) or learn about GVP before try to deploy it.
I have deployed GVP with CTIC many times and the procedure is not hard, but it is necessary to know how GVP works and know his model.

anoredis

Yes, I need to use T-Server IVR for this one

Offline Kubig

Reasons? Using of 7.6 GVP applications is not the reason as I wrote.
So, if you "need" to use IVR T-Server.What is not understandable for you during the deployment procedure? Have you configured LRG for gateway and CTI integration on this base? Have you properly created VTP ports, IVR object, places, virtual agents for VTP? Have you properly configured CTIC and IVR T-Server/I-Server?What steps did you do at this time?

Offline cavagnaro

• Administrator
I guess his reasons can be a simple GetAccessNumber for Alcatel PBX for example...or many others.
What is not working? Can you see logs on TServer IVR at least indicating some type of connection to GVP CTIC?

anoredis

Kubig, I have configured both Gateway always use CTI and CTI LRGs. I have created the virtual ports and the places for each one. Also a place group wich contains these places. I target the place group from the routing point in which i have loaded my simple strategy. I have added in the connections of RM the CTIC and at the IVR server the connection to TServer IVR.

Thank you Cavagnaro, Yes, I am able to see that it is logging in the TServer IVR

Bare with me, I am really new to this

Offline Kubig

CTIC with IVR T-Server/I-Server are integrated? IVR object in CME with necessary objects is created? If you start solution, in what status are the VTP ports?

anoredis

Yes IVR object in Switching->IVR was created, i have provided the information of the TServer IVR hostadress and port no to the CTIC mandatory options and added the connection to the IVR Server into TServer IVR and vice versa.