Author Topic: Has anyone overridden OCS Record or Reporting stored procedures before?  (Read 2721 times)

Offline abudwill

In the past we have successfully used built in Genesys OCS functionality to tweak the OCS reporting stored procedure to suit our needs.  This is done by using options through GA at campaign or calling list level under stored procedure section.

Recently we have been interested in fine tuning OCS record retrieval to suit our needs.  This is also documented in deployment guide and is setup virtually the same way as tweaking the reporting stored procedure.  However when we do this, OCS never regenerates the record retrieval stored procedure.  If we cycle the campaign we see the sproc get regenerated in our DBServer logs, but without any of our custom code.

I do have a ticket open with Genesys for them to research, but wanted to find out if anyone here has successfully replaced the record retrieval stored procedure before, or added their own SQL to execute "before", or "after"?

For reference I am trying this on OCS 8.1.300.31.

Regards,
Andrew

Offline abudwill

Re: Has anyone overridden OCS Record or Reporting stored procedures before?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 11:55:35 AM »
I misread the OCS deployment guide.  The guide does not cover how to override the OCS Record Retrieval stored procedure  ::)

I assumed it was out of the box and possible because within GA I have the option to override, "Reporting Stored Procedure", or "Record Stored Procedure".  I am being told that this option began existing in GA by mistake (and only exists in older versions of GA).

:o

Offline victor

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 06:31:58 PM »
Abud,

I see I am a bit late:

1. this functionality is no longer directly available to user
2. we do not modify it directly, but we clone the table, modify it via trigger  on record update.

Hope it helps.

Offline abudwill

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2015, 01:33:53 AM »
Hi Victor,

Thanks for the response.  I am a bit confused, are you saying you have accomplished what I am looking to do (modify record retrieval sproc) by executing steps outlined in your point #2?  If so, maybe you can expand a little bit on your point #2, I am not following.

Regards,
Andrew

Offline victor

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 03:37:23 PM »
Hi,

this may not be the best way, but works for us: 

- do not modify the existing tables
- create a new schema and clone the table
- when cloning the table, add a trigger on update / addnew which adds the logic you want and modify the values in the fields according to your business rules
- make sure that sprec reading from your duplicated table, and not original