Author Topic: V11.1 SPAN Recording with SIP and SCCP on the Same Card  (Read 14540 times)

Offline codebug

V11.1 SPAN Recording with SIP and SCCP on the Same Card
« on: January 09, 2016, 05:23:00 PM »
Hi
i can see in Verint 11.1 you can have have multiple protocols selected under the NIC card configuration in recorder manager
currently we have a customer uses Cisco SPAN recording with SCCP phones -
Recorder is setup in Recorder controlled so it relies on the signalling for recording discussions

The customer wants to change Cisco phones to use SIP instead of SCCP in a staged fashion.

So the question is can you have SCCP and SIP protocols enabled at the same time on the one NIC Card - since the SPAN port will have both SIP,SCCP and RTP presented to the recorder .

Offline victor

• Administrator
Re: V11.1 SPAN Recording with SIP and SCCP on the Same Card
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 03:38:33 PM »
It is possible to have SCCP and SIP protocols enabled at the same time on the one NIC Card.
(V11.1 Recorder supported multiple protocol at the same time)

But, the problem may occur depending on the setting of the recorder and CTI integration in Recorder.
(For example, if recorder controlled used for SCCP, CTI controlled can’t be used for sip.)

Offline codebug

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2016, 08:17:51 PM »
Thanks Victor . Will get this tested  I will report it here if I had any issues.
I understand what you mean regards to the CTI integration we will be using the same phone numbers and the same data source all the changes will be happening on call manager .Essentially the phone data source will be setup in recorder controlled mode and will rely on the Sip and sccp signalling to find the extension numbers and start/stop  recording eg not CTI controlled. And will have another passive JTAPI adapter used only for tagging extra info to the recording .

Offline victor

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2016, 01:52:10 PM »
How did it go?

Offline codebug

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2016, 11:30:41 PM »
i can confirm enabling both SCCP and SIP protocols on the same NIC card in recorder manager worked with no issues and we were able to record both types of phones