Author Topic: Do we need a facelift?  (Read 5440 times)

Offline victor

• Administrator
Do we need a facelift?
« on: February 25, 2016, 05:40:11 PM »
Guys,

I am used to this site format and majority of the sites I use are pretty much similar. I am told that we might benefit from a facelift or moving to something like https://github.com/discourse/discourse

I really do not see the difference. If anything, it feels as turning the site into huge Whatsapp-like repository. Of course, I am always behind on everything when it comes to common sense, so would love to hear your input.

Vic

Offline cavagnaro

• Administrator
Re: Do we need a facelift?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 10:10:11 PM »
For me this is totally functional. Maybe an option to mark an answer as best one only to guide new users

Adam G

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2016, 02:27:06 AM »
...I second what cav said.  Good idea to have a topic marked "answered" for search purposes.

Offline Kubig

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 10:53:57 PM »
Agree with all.. Maybe the function like "whisper" which will highlight the topics with same or very equivalent subject/thema while posting the new topic. It should prevent the duplicating topics or creating topics which have been answered before indirectly.
Genesys certified professional consultant (GVP, SIP, GIR and Troubleshooting)

Adam G

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2016, 01:32:25 AM »
I know this topic is old but I had another thought, along the same lines as others in this thread;

If there were a means to metatag/hashtag a topic which has an identified element (solution, platform, application, etc.) with a clear question and a full resolution, that would help people narrow down searches, too.

Obviously no point it marking things retrospectively, because most things go out of date within about a year, but a good way of marking things up, moving forwards...?

Offline Tambo

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2016, 05:13:32 PM »
what about a listing per application  IRD, CCPulse , OCS etc  and as Adam says too much work retrospectively but moving forward ?  will give a better way to find threads rather than search.