Author Topic: What if Avaya calls bankruptcy??  (Read 10821 times)

Offline cavagnaro

• Administrator
What if Avaya calls bankruptcy??
« on: November 27, 2016, 05:29:11 AM »
Hey guys,
What are your thoughs? With Genesys buying ININ and Avaya having hard times...what could come?

Aside...have any of you heard any ININ product on Genesys suite already???

Adam G

Re: What if Avaya calls bankruptcy??
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 07:34:49 PM »
There are benefits to Genesys taking Avaya's customer base - but not their hardware.  Unless they want to move into that area - but it would be a bold step for them.

I think it's early days on ININ yet - probably another 6-12 months before we see anything new.

Offline cavagnaro

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 12:11:28 AM »
But Genesys won't buy Avaya, they went on ININ for that reason.
I see hard times for Avaya customers, Genesys will need to be very aggresive to get those customers as Cisco will be also deploying their well known mega-low-price tactics.

Offline tonytillyer01

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2016, 06:03:13 AM »
...and Microsoft..?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Offline cavagnaro

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2016, 08:05:18 AM »
MS? With what? Skype for business?

Enviado de meu E6633 usando Tapatalk

Offline tonytillyer01

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2016, 09:16:09 AM »
CRM SfB - and perhaps Genesys if rumours are true...

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Offline cavagnaro

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2016, 10:53:44 AM »
What is CRM SfB? What which rumours?

Adam G

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2016, 05:39:58 PM »
I mean Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Skype for Business - and the rumour that Microsoft may well be interested in buying out Genesys....

Offline cavagnaro

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2016, 09:52:54 PM »
MS buying Genesys?? Taking it away from the last buyers...well as owners are investors could happen but I don't see MS too focused on CC business

Offline Fra

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2016, 10:07:52 PM »
Adam, I am not sure what you intend to say mentioning Dynamics CRM and Skype for Business in the context of MS being interested in buying out Genesys. Can you clarify`? Can you also please post a link to rumours in that direction?

I would find it very unusual if MS were really interested in going down the avenue of acquiring Genesys.

I think you guys are also too positive on the timeline: InIn shareholder vote has yet to happen and is currently scheduled for mid-November...I personally don't expect much to happen in terms of proper integrated development before 18 months..

Offline cavagnaro

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2016, 10:15:47 PM »
Yeah...probably, still curious why ININ was chosen...I mean, user base? Some software? Some solution they have? How would it adapt to G solutions?
For example, when G got VoiceGenie was obvious to do GVP as battle front. And some other adquisitions you can get an idea on why they got it, but can't see the ININ potential. Their Outbound solution is more flexible on user GUI...maybe that?

Offline n3vek7

• ITKB
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2016, 02:10:35 AM »
ININ was developped by old genesys programmer from what I know, I've visited their office in montreal and that's what they told me. (they were all from Genesys before working for ININ)
I think Genesys bought ININ for their PME solutions and for their cloud solutions. We'll see...

Adam G

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2016, 03:28:59 AM »
For context;

MS SfB is making waves across OS platforms - and in the Cloud.  The real estate/hardware from Avaya will need replacing - it won't survive in their provided contact center businesses, when it is sold off.  Traditional telephony is dead in the water and won't be replaced with new hardware - SIP has won. 

SfB - cloud and premise - could be the successor to any contact center hardware that needs replacing.  Paul Segre has spoken very highly of MS SfB and the growing partnership between MS and G in the recent past:

http://www.genesys.com/about/newsroom/news/genesys-and-microsoft-expand-relationship-to-deliver-world-class-customer-experience

(notice the reference to SfB PBX and highlighting the solution as a cloud-based "end point" for comms.)

If you view Avaya as being a provider of "old telco" (to some extent a bit like some of the Cisco, Siemens or other telco/PBX/ACD hardware...), then the logical step is for Genesys to look for a niche. Genesys doesn't necessarily "do" hardware solutions, which is why it is pushing it's Cloud offering so hard - as a full replacement for any premise solutions.  Genesys and MS, together - whether in partnership or otherwise - has the means and the motivation to replace what Avaya leaves behind, in full.

In relation to MS looking at Genesys; it was rumoured some (years) ago.  But, as with the rumour that Genesys was potentially buying out Avaya cc business, it was pushed to the side by Genesys purchasing ININ.  It could well still be on the cards...

Just my thoughts, FWIW.