Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Genesys CTI Technical Discussion / Re: Customize Genesys Chat Widget
« Last post by victor on Today at 05:55:42 PM »
I think this is where we are going astray :)

I find Genesys WDE to be a complete and utter waste of space: there is absolutely no reason for its existence IMHO. It is a poor attempt by Genesys to remain visible in front of the user in the age of Salesforce and ServiceNow. Salesforce provides an incredible OpenCTI interface, and what user really needs is just a CTI control. It is insanity to have two different workflow engines - one in Salesforce and another in Genesys. The functional overlap does not benefit anyone. Whoever told you that WDE is a good thing for a SFDC or any other CRM customer should be sent to North Korean and forced to watch Kim Jong Un exercise lift weight!

WDE causes the whole architecture to shift from cloud-based product to middleware Genesys, and this is why it should be abolished.
Hello Rene

You were right, the problem was the composer version in relation to the eclipse, as I have a server with windows server 2012 I had to install an eclipse compatible with this OS version, I installed the LUNA eclipse, then I installed the Composer for this version and so I could homologate the versions.

I made a test strategy that always routes the operator and did not give me the error.

Thank you very much for your kind support.
Forgot to mention to add the KVP at the routing strategy with key = "DC_GW_FULL" and value="[size=0px]Genesys campaign is on fire![/size]>:D
« Last post by cavagnaro on Today at 07:22:33 AM »
And how could I receive those is a single screen like WDE?
One way to go about it is to actually do what we did: create a tool that merges logs from multiple servers into one.

Simple way: use dancer's shell (https://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer/software/dsh.html.en) and then

dsh -Mac -- tail -f /var/log/genesys8/*.log

The -a is for all machine names that you've defined in ~/.dsh/machines.list
The -c is for concurrent running of tail
The -M prepends the hostname to every line of output.

We found that scanning logs in realtime or near-relatime provides us with a plethora of information otherwise inaccessible to an average Genesys admin

Look into http://logscape.net/ - the github version is amazing.

« Last post by victor on Today at 06:18:58 AM »
Out of curiosity, why did you choose Genesys chat? Long time ago I decided to keep Genesys doing what it does best: framework and voice, and let cloud-based solutions lead the way for the omni-channel: cheaper, better roadmap, simpler :)

I am a bit proponent of Salesforce-based apps and, of course, IBM Watson :)

But maybe I am biased
There are several ways to do it, with setting it in SCI (Genesys Administrator) would be the easiest way; however, I am not a fan of it. The reason is that by relying on Genesys for system monitoring, I am fragmenting my system monitoring infrastructure: network, servers, DBs, clients, OS, clouds are all monitored by one sysmon and Genesys by another? To me this makes little sense.

If you do want to save a little bit of money and time on Genesys, then look at Message Server logs: it tells you quite  a lot. I found it much easier to just run the grep on the log files and execute a script from it.

tail -f /path/to/serverLog | awk '/Genesys campaign is on fire!/ { system("shutdown -h now") }
                                  /new Campaign started/ { system("echo New Campaign Started" | mail admin")'

I am a bit more fan of this because I found it cheaper to migrate non-essential functions of Genesys to third-party.

If you have a sysmon software (as any call center should), you can just track MIB.

What Kubig said but there are quite a few posts detailing this:

SELECT
  CFG_PERSON.USER_NAME,
  CFG_PERSON.EMPLOYEE_ID,
  CFG_AGENT_LOGIN.LOGIN_CODE
FROM CFG_PERSON
INNER JOIN CFG_LOGIN_INFO
ON CFG_PERSON.DBID = CFG_LOGIN_INFO.PERSON_DBID
INNER JOIN CFG_AGENT_LOGIN
ON CFG_LOGIN_INFO.AGENT_LOGIN_DBID = CFG_AGENT_LOGIN.DBID
ORDER BY CFG_PERSON.EMLOYEE_ID

is a good start. Just look at DB schema - it is pretty straight-forward.
Cav,

endpoint should cover this part of the trick.

Without WDE how would you control agent status? Ready, Not Ready...in old legacy pbx this was made via prefixes (dtmf) but on sip server this wouldn't work

Enviado de meu E6633 usando o Tapatalk
Genesys CTI Technical Discussion / Re: Read values from objects in CME
« Last post by victor on Today at 05:59:07 AM »
Platform SDK will be easiest way to move forward.

I had a code from a while back where we were using it to retrieve CME values. The version is old, but the concept should be pretty much the same.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10