Genesys CTI User Forum > Genesys CTI Technical Discussion

Calls being abandoned while ringing on Agent's phone

<< < (3/4) > >>

bcyk:
Dear All,

Hoping that beow info helps....

URS options
       give_treatment=false
       route_consult_call=false (it was bolded in previous mail!)

According to description, inbound call flow looks like this:
    [Caller] --> [Nortel PABX] -----> [IVR]
                         CDN <----------- (operator assistance)
                         CDN --> URS ---> ready agent

Above URS option should be:
       give_treatment=true
       route_consult_call=true

The route_consult_call must be true because call transfer from IVR is a consult call type.

"give_treatment" option is to instruct URS to send "ApplyRingingTreatment" to Nortel switch (via T-server, of course) when calls arrives at Routing Point. Nortel M-link and Symposiun link provide host-based routing service by below steps:
      1. CDN must be configured to AST=YES and control=YES
          (NB: in Symposium-link version in 2007, these options were overridded by
                 Genesys T-server; thus, no configuration on Nortel switch side!
                 Behaviours were different from older version....!!!!!!)

bcyk:
Sorry..... hit [tab] and [enter] accidentally....

"give_treatment" option is to instruct URS to send "ApplyRingingTreatment" to Nortel switch (via T-server, of course) when calls arrives at Routing Point. Nortel M-link and Symposiun link provide host-based routing service by below steps:
      1. CDN must be configured to AST=YES and control=YES
          (NB: in Symposium-link version in 2007, these options were overridded by
                 Genesys T-server; thus, no configuration on Nortel switch side!
                 Behaviours were different from older version....!!!!!!)
      2. When call arrives at CDN and it is controlled by external host, Nortel switch
          starts a timer for 4 (four) seconds
          - if there is any reply or response (e.g. give ringback treatment, routed use,),
            Nortel switch ASSUMES the call is being taken care by external host and give up monitoring the call interaction
          - if timer expires, Nortel switch takes over the call control and divert it to "default ACD" associated to THE current CDN

Nortel switch configuration verification

==> Please also verify what is the default ACD of the CDN at which URS strategy is attached; it may not help for this case, it does help to understand call flow in exceptional case.

==> check if the ring-no-answer option in agent's phone station.
      both DNs, (position and extension) should be checked to ensure no "surprise"

regards

bcyk

victor:
Ok, let's see if I got this right :)

You are transfering calls using two-step transfer from IVR to RP and from RP to Operator, right?

If I am correct, here is what you are lacking in your strategy (hard to tell from this log, since I am only seeing the end of strategy here where URS is routing)

1. mandatory applied treatment for at least 1 second
2. you are not checking if call is consult or not before you start to route to an agent

My initial guess would be is that actually your callers get disconnected while is trying to complete the transfer and routing the call to an agent. Since this happens once every blue moon, you would only have this from time to time when caller is really unlucky.

Also, route_consult_call = false means URS will not take the call if it is not of type = 2. So, (2) of my statement would be wrong, UNLESS you have transfer calls coming from another site. But judging that you do not have NEtworkCallID or anything like this, I guess this is not the case. Still, I am very interested how your call gets to that routing point.

I would really look into:

1. is call transfer being completed as your call is being routed: is your EventRequestRouteCall and RequestRouteCall is one right after another?
2. on-error = reroute . I never trusted it, and always used default.

Best regards,
Vic

bcyk:
*** for Genesys 7.2 and earlier version; not sure if behavior changes in 7.5 ****

An important "step" MUST be catered in URS strategy for consult call type.

Assuming that inbound call is answered by IVR and then transfer to CDN/RP, route_consult_call option must be set to true. There must be some reasons for Genesys to have this option default value as 'false'.......

It is suggested to have below or similar code segment in URS strategy to handle consult call type; otherwise, unexpected results may occur
          - false/stuck waiting calls in CCPulse (as experienced in 5.1; not observed in higher version!)
          - missing KV-pairs
          - dropped call

{ delayTimer = 200 }
{ loopMax = 5 }
{ loopCnt = 0}
{ if CallType[] = Consult } --> delay(200) --> {loopCnt = loopCnt +1} --
        |           --> { if loopCnt < loopMax} ==( go to the if CallType[] = Consult block}
        |                        |
        | <---------------+
        |
{ ... next block ...}

Values of delayTimer and LoopMax here are example only; they depends on call transfer method and switch method (i.e., how fast to complete transfer).
Transfer method refers to single-step, mute-transfer, two-step transfer by machine or two-step transfer by agent (e.g., attended transfer).

Above values should work in most environment; maximum wait time is set to cater attended transfer call by agents.

If URS works on a voice interaction of consult call type, data may be lost somewhere when call transfer is completed before routing to agent; i.e., EventPartyChanged in URS strategy. In the worst case, voice interaction may be dropped.

Hope above information helps

bcyk

victor:
BCYK,

I was trying to get SuspendForEvent[] command to get this working by doing something like this:

if CallType = 4 then SpendForEvent[] where event would be EventPartyChanged

Unfortunately, I could never get it to work. Have you tried it?

I have to agree with you about route-consult-call. If it is false, URS would just drop the call and forget about it. Always set it to true.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version