Author Topic: Genesys Web Services API - How to use Outbound API for getting campaign status  (Read 4407 times)

Offline bence.meszaros

Hi There,

I have difficulties with using GenWeb outbound API form a 3rd party java application.

My purpose is fetching campaign status info and getting notifications about the campaign load/unload, start/stop events. What I did was implementing this https://docs.genesys.com/Documentation/HTCC/latest/API/OutboundRequestCampaign API and it is working in our test environment but it fails in production.

I have fundamental doubts, please help me to clarify them.
  • In order to use the API I had to create a dedicated user on Genesys Admin GUI with agent role and I had to use a valid place/device pair for the query. My client eventually simulates a human agent with a voice channel. I was told it had agent license impact too... Is this all right? (For me it sounds a bit odd)
  • My client does not receive any events in production environment. What I can see in test environment is that any campaign status change results notifications in GenWeb workspace ui for the agents like "Outbound Campaign/Campaign Loaded/Name: AD_Camp_1". In production environment I get no notifications neither on agent workspace UI nor with my java client. Do you have any idea why? My assumption was some kind of agent user access right/group issue, but I could not sort this out. The documentation says nothing about the user/group/permission settings... I managed to sort this one out.
  • Is this approach correct at all? Genesys Web Services API looks like an auxiliary API for web based clients where the agent is already logged in. Using this API from external applications seems to be a bit clumsy...

Thank you,
Bence
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 12:47:12 AM by bence.meszaros »

Offline Kubig

• Yes, it will consume technical license
  • I do not understand why you are using HTCC for OCS purposes, for these purposes you can use PSDK
Genesys certified professional consultant (GVP, SIP, GIR and Troubleshooting)

Offline cavagnaro

• Administrator
Agree...PSDK would solve it, monitoring the Common DN you will receive all Campaign Events or monitoring each campaign too. Depends on your needs but PSDK should do it

Offline bence.meszaros

Hi, thanks for the response.

Web Services API Reference
"Welcome to the Web Services API Reference. This guide provides information about how you can use the Web Services REST API to incorporate Genesys features into custom applications and integrations with third-party software."

According to this, it was obvious to use HTCC API...

What is the license dependency for PSDK? I was told we could not use Agent Interaction API (AIL) due to licensing problems. Are PSDK and AIL the same thing?
Thanks,
Bence

Offline Kubig

Forgot AIL - it is deprecated. Read about PSDK - I think this is the way for you. Of course the HTCC can also serves for third-party integration, but in terms of agent application or something like that. For you need, the PSDK is the right choice
Genesys certified professional consultant (GVP, SIP, GIR and Troubleshooting)

Offline bence.meszaros

I wish we had talked earlier...
Anyway, OutboundServerProtocol API of PSDK seems to be working perfectly. Thanks a lot!

Offline raza990

Hello,

Sorry to post question here but its relevant to this topic.

Can we get campaign status from OCS HTTP ?

Offline raza990

Hi All,

I got the answer I was looking. The answer is NO  :D