Author Topic: Inbound call - target specific Media Server  (Read 1257 times)

Offline JTL

Inbound call - target specific Media Server
« on: February 08, 2019, 06:54:51 PM »
Hey folks,

In order to do some monitoring / troubleshooting, I'm looking to find a way to route inbound calls (from PSTN) through different data centres, and targeting different SIP Servers and onward to target specific media servers. Whilst these would usually be round-robin utilised by Resource Manager, I want to chose (on my inbound call, based on maybe CLI or DDI dialled) to target specific Genesys media components.

Has anyone ever done this, and can give me a pointer?

If I put unique files on each media server, will RM utilise only the media server which can playback that file, or will it still round-robin and give a 404 error if it targets a server I haven't loaded that media file onto?

Offline cavagnaro

• Administrator
Re: Inbound call - target specific Media Server
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 09:23:15 PM »
 ??? ???  Can't do that. RM will do round robin...you can't select which server to send calls to. For that isolate MCPs (remove) and do your tests.

If you put UNIQUE files then MCP will return a 404 (obvious) if you call a file that doesn't exists on that server. RM doesn't do playback. I think you better go to design board and understand the role of each component better in order to do a correct troubleshooting

Offline René

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2019, 09:53:25 PM »
Check SIP Server's Geo-Location feature

R.

Offline Kubig

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2019, 01:01:58 AM »
As René suggested, use the geo-location feature..
Genesys certified professional consultant (GVP, SIP, GIR and Troubleshooting)