Author Topic: Nortel with Genesys SkillBased Routing Limitations  (Read 47147 times)

Rory

Nortel with Genesys SkillBased Routing Limitations
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 1970, 09:00:00 AM »
Johnny,

We are looking at a similar scenario as you may have guessed from previous postings. The default routing question is covered as the Meridian will do this as part of the core ACD functionality of the switch, such that even if Genesys is controlling the routing and fails, then the Meridian will see the timeout for a routing command and then route to the default.

Genesys will not be invisible to the agent, and on the basis of discussion here, is unlikely to be invisible in the short to medium future. The only invisible solution to CCR, LINK, MAX going out of support is to go to Symposium.

Rory

anonymous

« Reply #31 on: January 01, 1970, 09:00:00 AM »
Call forcing can be done from Genesys with the implementation of a softphone application.  Ask Genesys to show you a site where they have this working.

Beware of skill based routing if calls cannot be routed to the incalls key.  write it out on paper.  I cannot get into it here, but there is an issue if the Tserver crashes. you will have to have or overflow acd's ready on each agent.  went down this route with genesys ps and it didn't wash.

anonymous

« Reply #32 on: January 01, 1970, 09:00:00 AM »
Richard,

I do not think you would have to monitor both DNs, because if you will be using skillased routing, calls will only be arriving on the extension  queues are used as an emergency backup, in case Genesys fails.

this doesn't work, because if you begin skill based routing, genesys will send calls to either DN you have on the key (not key 0, but any other subsequent DN keys" if you force calls they will disconnect active calls.  I have seen this happen.

anonymous

« Reply #33 on: January 01, 1970, 09:00:00 AM »
This is true.  No matter what Nortel does with their release of software, Genesys is not routing the call to the ACD position.  They are set up to route more in the Avaya environment, where phone extensions can be added to ACD groups, rather than phoneSETS programmed in ACD groups.  This is a Genesys issue.

anonymous

« Reply #34 on: January 01, 1970, 09:00:00 AM »
beware.  Ask for references.  Ask them to take you to a site that is working with a Nortel switch.  See what they say.  Then let us know if they show you a site.  I would love to talk to them.  If you are looking for a CTI application, use the Tserver, it works, but look out for any routing solutions, from Genesys, that they say work with Nortel.

Philip

« Reply #35 on: January 01, 1970, 09:00:00 AM »
More and more people seem to agree on this.  The Genesys environment fails when taken beyond a screenpop...  It is not an ACD, whether you ITgeeks like it or not.

kentis

« Reply #36 on: January 01, 1970, 09:00:00 AM »
Hi Vic,

So did u manage to solve the problem of calls going to position and extension at the same time. Actually we're running a G6.5 environment with MLink5b, but we're facing the problem of calls going to position even though we configured for calls going to extension only. Also we notice that it's not the PABX sending to the default route. If u faced the same problem, may be u can give us some views. or if anyone else faced a similar problem...

cheers

kentis

« Reply #37 on: January 01, 1970, 09:00:00 AM »
Hi Vic,

So did u manage to solve the problem of calls going to position and extension at the same time. Actually we're running a G6.5 environment with MLink5b, but we're facing the problem of calls going to position even though we configured for calls going to extension only. Also we notice that it's not the PABX sending to the default route. If u faced the same problem, may be u can give us some views. or if anyone else faced a similar problem...

cheers

Johnson

« Reply #38 on: January 01, 1970, 09:00:00 AM »
Hi

Just to ask for some feedback.

I notice that there is an limitation on Nortel Mlink5B. The PBX will automatically pass the call to the default Q if Genesys takes more than 4Sec to process. Have check with Nortel & they claim that the 4 second timeout cannot be change..

Hope there is anyone out there that can provide me some info. thanks.

Janet

« Reply #39 on: January 01, 1970, 09:00:00 AM »
Johnson,

R u having the same problem as well with Genesys? i.e the 4 sec delay? did u manage to fix the problem or any workaround that can be done in Genesys?

Johnson

« Reply #40 on: January 01, 1970, 09:00:00 AM »
Yup, it is the 4sec delay.

Now the Genesys Engineers is suggesting to us to go for Symposium link.Or even ask us to upgrade our Mlink5 to relase 3C. Beside the mentioned "suggestion" given by the Genesys Expert, they have no idea on where to move on..

Janet

« Reply #41 on: January 01, 1970, 09:00:00 AM »
Hi johnson,

Thank a lot .. Where u from ? //Anyway  what would u suggest me to do ?

Regards

ahmad

« Reply #42 on: January 01, 1970, 09:00:00 AM »
There is a user above mentioned using CCR together with Genesys (not put all eggs into 1 basket).  Can consider?  Hope it help.