Author Topic: Coding Sessions Anyone?  (Read 7704 times)

Offline victor

• Administrator
Coding Sessions Anyone?
« on: January 13, 2015, 10:19:41 PM »
I was thinking - what do you guys think about getting together and doing some quick coding sessions to build some simple products to make all of our lives easier?

I was looking at several questions and comments on the forum, and thought, hey, we can probably do it overnight!

Any thoughts?

Vic

Offline Kubig

Re: Coding Sessions Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 10:50:58 PM »
I am just developing the tool for easy troubleshooting SIP server issues and easy view the SIP callflow diagram. When the app be ready, I will post it for everyone.
Genesys certified professional consultant (GVP, SIP, GIR and Troubleshooting)

Offline victor

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 08:23:21 PM »
I think this is great! I can throw some programmers your way, if you want.

Are you using GitHUB?

Offline Kubig

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 08:53:00 PM »
Currently no, but thinking about migration to the GitHUB. I will let you know, if the app is released and where you can download it.

Offline Ali

• Haunted by Genesys
    • My Web Site
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2015, 11:36:23 PM »
Hey Vic,

I was working on Asterisk-based CTI Proxy Service with contains some web services for provisioning, call monitoring, call control, and etc.

I can share some codes in my spare time.
Ali

"beer makes you smart
it made budwiser"

Offline abudwill

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2015, 07:31:48 PM »
I know this thread is a few months old...  But any traction on this?

I have so many ideas for useful tools.  Would be interesting to have a public or private repository somewhere to collaborate and share.

Offline Kubig

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2015, 08:31:33 PM »
Let us know with your ideas for any other useful tools. I am just preparing some codes to be public on GitHub.

Offline abudwill

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2015, 05:30:01 AM »
One idea - open source config object export/import utility.

Did you ever publish anything on Github?

Offline victor

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2015, 02:42:28 PM »
I am working on developing a tool to easily migrate Genesys to Avaya environment. The basics are not that hard, and now working on converting Genesys routing into Avaya vectors. OMG, this is really hard, because in many instances Avaya does not even have anything similar so I have to simplify things or ask people to come up with an alternative.

My biggest issue whether or not Avaya is the right platform for Genesys migration. I do not think Lync is there yet, but a user is to migrate Genesys what platform is a serious competitor to it? Interactive Intelligence?

As for why am I doing it? We can do Genesys installations as is right now, so I do not see any expansion in business from just sticking to one platform. I foresee that the biggest business is in cross-platform migration and there is nothing out there that would do the job right.

Offline cavagnaro

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2015, 08:11:02 PM »
I would then learn to sell Avaya and Genesys and something smaller for small markets. But Genesys now has Bep that also accommodates to small markets...if pricing is the key then Altitude or something like that but again will be a pain in the ass getting all the training and experience as you are seeing.

Offline cavagnaro

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2015, 08:24:19 PM »
There is nothing that would do that because you can't migrate a tech that works and do something to another that can't do such thing...is like trying to migrate functions from a Tesla S to a Ferrari, yeah both are great cars but aimed to different needs. Ferrari won't do electrical stuff for a while so you can't migrate the battery stuff there. You would have to create your own little monster which will cost you a fortune in time and $$$$$
Will it be worthy? How many people really move from one to another? Would it be easier to maintain them using tesla by showing their upgrade capabilities like autopilot via a OTA upgrade?
Where is the money for you? In selling maybe gizmo or software for Tesla control panel...