Author Topic: Create Alarm condition: outbound campaign status  (Read 1490 times)

Offline ducth

Create Alarm condition: outbound campaign status
« on: June 11, 2018, 01:02:17 AM »
Hi Guy,

I want to receive alarm by email when outbound campaign change status (Load/unload, Start/Stop).
How can I do it?

Thanks,

Offline victor

• Administrator
Re: Create Alarm condition: outbound campaign status
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 06:13:28 AM »
There are several ways to do it, with setting it in SCI (Genesys Administrator) would be the easiest way; however, I am not a fan of it. The reason is that by relying on Genesys for system monitoring, I am fragmenting my system monitoring infrastructure: network, servers, DBs, clients, OS, clouds are all monitored by one sysmon and Genesys by another? To me this makes little sense.

If you do want to save a little bit of money and time on Genesys, then look at Message Server logs: it tells you quite  a lot. I found it much easier to just run the grep on the log files and execute a script from it.

tail -f /path/to/serverLog | awk '/Genesys campaign is on fire!/ { system("shutdown -h now") }
                                  /new Campaign started/ { system("echo New Campaign Started" | mail admin")'

I am a bit more fan of this because I found it cheaper to migrate non-essential functions of Genesys to third-party.

If you have a sysmon software (as any call center should), you can just track MIB.

Offline cavagnaro

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 07:25:08 AM »
Forgot to mention to add the KVP at the routing strategy with key = "DC_GW_FULL" and value="[size=0px]Genesys campaign is on fire![/size]>:D

Offline victor

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2018, 10:08:47 AM »
Brilliant!

But jokes aside, look into a log-based solution or a SNMP. It should give ou all the info you need.