Author Topic: Nortel Meridian problems  (Read 45421 times)

This topic contains a post which is marked as Best Answer. Press here if you would like to see it.

Tony

Nortel Meridian problems
« on: January 01, 1970, 09:00:00 AM »
Any of you guys know what could cause agents to get stuck in ringing mode, dial mode, and unknown mode?  Also we are having problems routing calls to agent in wait time the longest and they are just routing to an agent without looking at wait time.

Anyone run into these issues with Nortel Meridian and Genesys 6.5?

Please help.....

Tony

ecki

Nortel Meridian problems
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 1970, 09:00:00 AM »
Hi.

What does your startegy look like? Especially the select target object. Did you use in this object any statistic?

Bob

Nortel Meridian problems
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 1970, 09:00:00 AM »
Most of the time when we would get the stuck in states you are referring to, we discovered it was the agents causing them so they wouldn't receive calls.  We started going through the softphone logs on their desktops and discovered many of the tricks that they would do.  Most of the time it was caused by using the hardset instead of softphone.  Going ready/not ready continuously, etc.  Now agents are repremanded for not using softphone, and now we only get a few here and there.  We have a list of tricks written up as well.

Vic

Nortel Meridian problems
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 1970, 09:00:00 AM »
In some contact centers there are issues regarding agents messing with hardphones so that they would not get any calls... Ready/Not Ready is probably the oldest trick in the book, but if you are using URS, then you can change it by simple selecting a different statistic.

Of course, ingenuity of some of the people is simply incredible, and is no match for the machine, so the only way to combat it is too either start firing left and right for even a minor infraction and share the knowhow on some of the tricks...

Analyzing softphone logs, you say? Gosh... talk about really spending a lot of time on something that should not be even occuring...

Bob

Nortel Meridian problems
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 1970, 09:00:00 AM »
You have no idea  We were being paged all the time  it was causing busy queues all the time. We have given the responsibility of going through the logs to the supervisors.  We showed them what to look for and now they do all the leg work.  We actually put together a list of about 10  15 tricks that they have.

By the way, what is the URS?

Paul McCarthy

Nortel Meridian problems
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 1970, 09:00:00 AM »
We have the same issues on our site. Would you be willing to send on a copy of the list of tricks used by the agents?

Bob

Nortel Meridian problems
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 1970, 09:00:00 AM »
I sent you the list  I will look around because I am certain there are more.

LIM

Nortel Meridian problems
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 1970, 09:00:00 AM »
Hi Bob,

Could I have a copy as well?  thanks in advance.

Lim

superglide

Nortel Meridian problems
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 1970, 09:00:00 AM »
And a copy to me to thanks.

Ritchie

Nortel Meridian problems
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 1970, 09:00:00 AM »
lol, just send everyone a copy! (me too) ;).....

Tony

Nortel Meridian problems
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 1970, 09:00:00 AM »
Could someone send me a copy as well.  Would appreciate it!

Anthony

Nortel Meridian problems
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 1970, 09:00:00 AM »
Hi,

Could I have a copy as well?

thanks in advance,

Anthony

Marco

Nortel Meridian problems
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 1970, 09:00:00 AM »
Can anybody send me also a copy of the tricks.

thankss

Paul McCarthy

Nortel Meridian problems
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 1970, 09:00:00 AM »
Thanks for the list. I've passed it on to our call centre supervisors and asked them to keep a close eye on the agents. Hopefully it should lead to fewer 'technology issues' being blamed on us. In any call centre it seems that staffing, training, rostering are always perfect, the agents are more honest than the day is long so its has to be the technology that causes all the problems. Hey, it keeps us employed.

Anyway, thanks again.

Bob

Nortel Meridian problems
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 1970, 09:00:00 AM »
That sounds all too familiar!