Author Topic: Config server events  (Read 4251 times)

Offline genesyslearner

Config server events
« on: September 28, 2018, 03:25:58 PM »
Hi Experts,

I am trying to subscribe to config server events using Platform SDK (JAVA) so that we could be notified for any changes made to the config server.
I am sure that we need to user register and subscribe method of ConfService but i am struggling to use the register method for client registration.

Below is the code i could write but it is throwing me an error at the first line itself:-
                confService.register((Subscriber<ConfEvent>));
      NotificationQuery nq = new NotificationQuery();
      nq.setTenantDbid(1);
      confService.subscribe(nq);

Anys suggestions/pointers will be of great help.

Offline genesyslearner

Re: Config server events
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 03:28:47 PM »
Hi Experts,

I was able to sort this issue. As Subscriber<ConfEvent> is an interface, i had to override the in-built methods:-

Please find below the code :-

Subscriber<ConfEvent> ce = new Subscriber<ConfEvent>() {

@Override
         public void handle(ConfEvent ce) {
            // TODO Auto-generated method stub
            System.out.println("Subscribe person object event handler evenet type ::::: " +ce.getEventType());
            System.out.println("Subscribe person object event handler object type::::: " +ce.getObjectType());
         }

@Override
         public Predicate<ConfEvent> getFilter() {
            // TODO Auto-generated method stub
            return null;
         }
      };
      service.register(ce);
      NotificationQuery nq = new NotificationQuery();
      nq.setTenantDbid(1);
      Subscription ss = service.subscribe(nq);

Offline genesyslearner

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2019, 06:27:24 PM »
Hi Experts,

I had to restart this post as i need some advanced info related to this similar post.

As of now i am getting Conf Events about :-

1.EventObjectCreated
2.EventObjectUpdated
3.EventObjectDelted

But as per the new requirement i need info on who has changed the object .i.e. username.
I couldn't get any info either from confevents or form Eventhandling methods of confserver.

Please could you suggest any solution.

Offline genesyslearner

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2019, 06:34:56 PM »
Hi All,

I have been reading lot of documents and doing lot of research on this issue. As per the information i could collect, We need to interface with the Genesys Message Server to track configuration changes. I am able to connect to the Message Server via MessageServerprotocol but still struggling to retrieve log messages.

Looking for help on Log Messages retrieval via message server sdk.

Note:- Auditing is enabled in our environment(GA).

Sorry to bother you all again but wanted to share the latest findings. Please accept my apologies if am being repetitive in this post.

Offline Kubig

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2019, 06:50:47 PM »
You have to use Configuration Server for tracking Configuration Changes, not Message Server. Message Server serves just like a DB connector for centralized audit log
Genesys certified professional consultant (GVP, SIP, GIR and Troubleshooting)

Offline Kubig

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2019, 11:58:12 PM »
For tracking configuration changes you have to dump this information from Confserv - follow this https://docs.genesys.com/Documentation/FR/Current/Dep/ConfHistCh

Offline genesyslearner

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2019, 12:10:40 AM »
Thanks for the reply Kubig.

Actually, my requirement is to track the Configuration changes on real-time basis.Like it shows up in the AuditTrail in GA.
Do you think it is possible to achieve that via sdk?

Offline jamesmurphyau

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2019, 12:48:35 AM »
You are right about message server if you want to know who executed the change. You need to connect config server to message server and configure config server to send log messages to network. There are 3 log messages you want to look for - look in the config server LMS file you'll see them under audit and there's one for create one for update and one for delete.

Offline Kubig

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2019, 01:47:49 AM »
If you just need to monitor who has changed the option, then you can use mentioned "log messages", but those message do not contain information about changed values as I know

Offline jamesmurphyau

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2019, 06:27:04 AM »
Yeah you're right they do not. You need to write some code that matches the config server event (for what's changed) with the message server event (for who made the change)

Offline genesyslearner

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2019, 04:58:27 PM »
I need to monitor both the scenarios. Who has changed as well as What has changed.
I am able to get the object and its value which has been changed from the ConfEvents. I subscribed to these confEvents with the help of configuration SDK as posted in the comment above.

James/Kubig, any idea on the MessageServerEvent which can be used. I tried using EventLogMessage but it did not return any value.

i am trying to build a code to get consolidated info about both "What value has been changed" & "Who changed the value".

Offline hsujdik

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2019, 05:44:41 AM »
It is sad how Genesys is already moving forward to 9.x and still doesn't provide this basic auditing information :(

Offline jarrod

• InProd CMS
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2019, 06:42:10 AM »
We have developed a solution that provides auditing of the Genesys events and provides the detail on who performed the change. As this is a commercial solution I can not provide the code.

But I will say you are on the right path. You need to receive the message from Config server and message server, then join the two together.  There are several complications to deal with such as a time sync issue between the two genesys components for a start. It took us some time to get this working correctly for all objects. Like many things, this sounds simple until you realise how deep the hole really is.

May I suggest you have a look at www.inprod.io
InProd is a DevOps, auditing, configuration management and license reporting solution for Genesys Engage. Learn how to speed up deployments by creating reusable changes  www.inprod.io

Offline genesysguru

• Genesys Guru Blog