Author Topic: Dynamically move already queued calls (TServer 7.5 URS 7.5)  (Read 3607 times)

Offline Gef Buneri

• Madness is just a point of view.
Dynamically move already queued calls (TServer 7.5 URS 7.5)
« on: November 06, 2018, 12:35:49 AM »
Hi all, hope all fine around there.

Would like to know if it is possible to dinamically move one or more calls from a virtual queue/groa to other target, when already waiting; the function used to select the target is selectdn(vq:ga) inside an IRD function block.

Any clue?

Best regards,

Gef.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 12:47:49 AM by Gef Buneri »

Offline cavagnaro

• Administrator
Re: Dynamically move already queued calls (TServer 7.5 URS 7.5)
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 01:57:14 AM »
Under which criteria? A virtual Queue is only for monitoring, doesn't affect the routing.
Only way would be a timeout once call is there.
Or maybe get a call by ConnID and control it?

Offline Gef Buneri

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 03:50:33 AM »
Hi Cav.

The idea is to assign a new vq/groa. At the moment I'm using a timeout, but I would like to change it when needed (do you remeber Genesys Desktop?), without using a timeut.

What about your second idea? controlling the call using connid? What do you mean? I mean, what should be the scenario, and what tool/methods involved?

Offline terry

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2018, 04:58:21 AM »
How you define this "when needed"? Is it predictable/defined  by strategy?
SelectDN function is quick, strategy is resumed after it and continue to do something else (execute other functions, like waiting something, etc).

But probably in any case either strategy needs need to be written in a away periodically check triggering conditions and do something. Or this extra logic to be done in async to the strategy execution way(like interruption). But this last option probably is not available in 7.5.

Offline Gef Buneri

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2018, 05:14:34 AM »
Hi Terry. "when needed" means "in any moment, freely"; when, looking at ccpulse, i.e., supervisor sees too much queues on one or more vqs; I imagine some trigger that when invoked, will be able to change destination vq/groa based on connid, maybe. Once interaction is placed on a vq/groa by strategy and is waiting on suspend(dn), I can just use timers to manipulate again the target. I can use workflow management to make some logic, to put triggers based on tresholds, but I can do this only as a predictive strategy, or dropping calls from the target using timeout, I can't do it in any moment.

In my imagination I see an interface (web, php or else?), capable of interact with a parallel strategy(?) to send events/commands based on connid or someting else.

By the way, at the moment I do not know ho to see calls identity placed on a specific vq.

***EDIT***

sry, forgot to say I'm referring to h.323 telephony (no sip server or sip telephony available on this architecture)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 05:19:40 AM by Gef Buneri »

Offline terry

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2018, 05:51:44 AM »
Proper Web API, parallel strategies, and other similar tools are not available in 7.5 - you will need to upgrade.

In 7.5 probably the only way - split SuspendForDN into loop of shorter SupsnedForDN functions and check every time triggering condition (some attached data). Exiting/reentering of SuspendForDN function is quite safe (it doesn't change call positioning in any queue).

Or may be it is possible to move call (by external tools) to other RP where different strategy is loaded which will supersede the original strategy.

Offline Gef Buneri

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2018, 05:59:29 AM »
Thanks Terry, your point is crystal clear and matches my toughts about the lack of advanced routing functions in a release so outdated; what you wrote about suspend use is actually what I do to be able to move calls.

Offline cavagnaro

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2018, 09:51:02 AM »
Hi Terry. "when needed" means "in any moment, freely"; when, looking at ccpulse, i.e., supervisor sees too much queues on one or more vqs; I imagine some trigger that when invoked, will be able to change destination vq/groa based on connid, maybe. Once interaction is placed on a vq/groa by strategy and is waiting on suspend(dn), I can just use timers to manipulate again the target. I can use workflow management to make some logic, to put triggers based on tresholds, but I can do this only as a predictive strategy, or dropping calls from the target using timeout, I can't do it in any moment.

In my imagination I see an interface (web, php or else?), capable of interact with a parallel strategy(?) to send events/commands based on connid or someting else.

By the way, at the moment I do not know ho to see calls identity placed on a specific vq.

***EDIT***

sry, forgot to say I'm referring to h.323 telephony (no sip server or sip telephony available on this architecture)

Then why have an automated system? If your customer can't establish simple rules then you have bigger problems, and not at system side.
Without clear rules, that is mayhem...hell...land of the unknown
To act "when ever I feel like" is like no metrics, no mearusarement at all, no control.
I'd sit down with the user and design something doable, what if she gets sick? CC goes to hell? Can't be

Offline Gef Buneri

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2018, 04:54:16 PM »
Right, Cav... everyone dreams about freedom, but they doesn't know freedom isn't free :)

Offline cavagnaro

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2018, 09:00:25 PM »
Yeah... I have known those super power visors too. Funny is that when you ask them an example on how to react are basic rules that you can program at strategy... Things like, if queue is already 10 do another music...OK...no problem... And they are like whaaat you can you it? Maybe because they come from an ACD world where those things are more trickiest to do. Just sit and chat about their "needs"

Enviado de meu E6633 usando o Tapatalk

Offline Gef Buneri

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2018, 11:23:31 PM »
lol usually, my "magic" question is: "what is the goal?"; their answer is a moment of "ahem ahem...", but nonetheless I usually try to consider any possibility.

Offline cavagnaro

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2018, 11:35:08 PM »
Maybe try to propose your own ideas? Like what if we set this limit of 10 calls (which you can modify by messing this List parameter whenever you want) and we exceed this number we send calls to another queue?

Offline Gef Buneri

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2018, 11:45:44 PM »
Of course, usually they accept my "plan B", but I like to study different ways.

Offline cavagnaro

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2018, 11:59:07 PM »

Offline genesysguru

• Genesys Guru Blog
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2018, 06:03:39 AM »
Of course if your client is still on 7.x components they are in trouble. If you do not feed and water the lawn you have nothing soon.