Author Topic: How to get chat transcript programmatically  (Read 2966 times)

Offline jaysteven

How to get chat transcript programmatically
« on: December 04, 2018, 12:49:30 AM »
We have created a customer facing chat client using chat 2 api to initiate client chats with agents.  We would like to be able to get the chat transcript by the client that initiated the chat (not by the agent) so that we can store it in a database and/or a file related to that client.  I don't see any way to do it with the chat 2 api (I tried to call refresh chat after it ended but that doesn't work - probably because that is only for live ongoing chats).  There seems to be quite a few different apis and I am having trouble finding one that would allow me to do this.  I would prefer to do it either with REST calls or a java SDK if available.

Any ideas how this could be accomplished?

Offline Noufal

Re: How to get chat transcript programmatically
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 07:34:21 PM »
if you are looking for Chat transcript you can get it from UCS DB.

Offline jaysteven

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2018, 11:06:08 PM »
I won't have access to the UCS DB directly.  I don't think our architecture people would want to open up ports for us to connect to the db on the genesys server - the genesys server is pretty locked down as are the servers we run on.  I was looking for either a RestAPI or a java SDK to get the transcripts. 

Is there a REST api or Java SDK that I could use to get chat transcripts?  I would like to be able to get them by the user initiating the chat, not the agent that handles the chat.

Offline cavagnaro

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2018, 11:25:23 PM »
Why not at strategy level? After the agent you grab it and instead of sending via email for example you store it somewhere else

Enviado de meu E6633 usando o Tapatalk

Offline jaysteven

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2018, 11:45:09 PM »
That sounds promising.  Is there a link to some documentation I can look at pertaining to your suggestion?

Honestly, there are so many API's on the genesys site, it is hard to determine which one to use.

Offline cavagnaro

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2018, 11:49:01 PM »
Wouldn't be an API, that is for external integration. This is a function within IRD or Composer.
Check strategy samples documentation for multimedia, there is a simple chat strategy and the function will be there. I don't have it right now and can't remember the name.

Offline jaysteven

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2018, 12:04:28 AM »
OK, unfortunately that won't work.  The team that handles Genesys is not able to do anything like that within our timelines due to their heavy workload.

Since that option is out and we need to do this as part of an external integration, is there a Rest API/SDK that we could use to get chat transcripts?  We would preferable like to ask for them by the chat initiator - not by the agent that answered the chat.

Offline cavagnaro

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2018, 12:18:00 AM »
Yes your need is already understood. However, the transcript is inside UCS which  is an storage basically.

Check this

https://docs.genesys.com/Documentation/UCS/9.1.x/RESTAPI/Welcome

Maybe that will help you. I haven't checked it out deeply so can't say if will help on what you need. But looks promising

Offline cavagnaro

• Administrator

Offline hsujdik