Author Topic: What is the best use of URS with multiple channels?  (Read 1491 times)

Offline tech

What is the best use of URS with multiple channels?
« on: December 18, 2018, 03:21:35 PM »
Hello All,

We use multiple channels in our environment like email, chat and voice. When there is a high load on email queue, emails enter the queue again and again. Should I separate the URS for voice and other multimedia channels? Or install more than one URS and setup a load balancer between them? Is there any cautions for emails reentering the queue? It says there may be a network issue or memory, cpu etc. on server but we could not find the problem.

I saw from logs if an agent suddenly closes his WDE with the interactions on it, and if URS was sending a new interaction to him at that time, URS and interaction server disconnects from each other after a certain timeout. In interaction logs it says:

Invalid target specified in a routing instruction, while processing request 'RequestDeliver' from client XXXXX:YYYY, reference id: xxx

Std 30004 Client 'universal router:XXXXX:YYYY (URS)' is too slow disconnecting...

Thank you in advance.

Offline Airex

Re: What is the best use of URS with multiple channels?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 08:01:31 PM »
Hi tech,

Genesys main recommendation is that use another pair of URS with warm standby mode if you're using non-voice media channel and another URS pair for hot standby mode for voice channel.
Afterwards, you will decrease the load and solve the disconnection problem between interaction server and URS.

Thanks...

Offline tech

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 07:46:40 PM »
Hi Airex,

The reason why you suggest warm-standby is because of license issues, right? So I guess I cannot use hot standby mode when more than one pair of URS applications are installed.

Thank you..

Offline Airex

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2019, 07:54:01 PM »
Hi tech,

Not just for license, URS and IXN disconnection issue is because of using hot stanby URS. That's why Genesys recommends that if you will use non-voice media channel (email, chat, socialmedia channels) you should use seperated URS pair (warm-stanby mode) other than the URS (hot-stanby mode) that's used for voice.

Therefore, you should install one pair URS (warmstanby) for non-voice media channel and one pair URS (hotstanby) for voice channel and it will work as expected.

Thanks...