Author Topic: Toaster customization  (Read 2298 times)

Offline MatSzafraniec

Toaster customization
« on: January 09, 2019, 12:53:33 AM »
Hello,

I would like to add new segment under origin in Toaster Window, like on the screen below:

I read some general specification from here but not sure where should I start. I have some experience in IW customizations, where I've added new views in WorkspaceMenuRegion and ToolbarWorkplaceRegion. For the Toaster it looks similiar?

I'm not sure that I can use CaseData in this case, because I prepare functionality which populate this new segment with data from SQL database. I plan populate segment with CustomCommand f.e in chain ShowToasterWindow.

What do you think?

Offline MatSzafraniec

Re: Toaster customization
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 07:37:06 PM »
I have some experience in IW customizations, where I've added new views in WorkspaceMenuRegion and ToolbarWorkplaceRegion. For the Toaster it looks similiar?

With WorkspaceMenuRegion and ToolbarWorkplaceRegion case is clear - we creating new UserControls and adding it in specific region. F.e:

viewManager.ViewsByRegionName["ToolbarWorkplaceRegion"].Insert(0,
            new ViewActivator() { ViewType = typeof(IExtensionMyCallsView), ViewName = "MyCalls" }
;

But how it works for Toaster? If I right understand documentation I should add new information into UpdateDateCaseDataView. Could you introduce me how to use it?

• Window: ToasterWindow (IToasterWindow) <ref name="Windows" />
  • Region: ToasterCaseDataRegion (Multi-view)
  • View: CaseDataView (ICaseDataView) <ref name="Windows" />
  • Region: UpdateCaseDataRegion
  • View: UpdateCaseDataView (IGenericDataView) <ref name="Windows" >Module: Genesyslab.Desktop.Modules.Windows</ref>

Marked as best answer by MatSzafraniec on January 19, 2019, 12:49:58 PM

Offline PeteHoyle

Re: Toaster customization
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 06:15:42 PM »
Could you not do it without customising WDE?

Could you do your SQL query in the routing strategy and attached the result as attached data, then you just need to configure WDE to show that as Case Data in the toaster