Author Topic: Unable to Install Newer Version of SCS, Need to Modify Hostname in Conf Server  (Read 2726 times)

This topic contains a post which is marked as Best Answer. Press here if you would like to see it.

Offline siegemeister

• Im Felde, da ist der Mann noch was wert
I'm trying to upgrade SCS but I'm running into a problem in the install process. I downloaded and unzipped the file from the website, but when I start the install process it fails during the process of asking for my hostname:

* Welcome to the Genesys 8.1 Installation Script *

Installing Solution Control Server, version 8.1.300.22

Do you want to install utilities only (y/n)?n

Please enter the hostname or press enter for "***d1***ecfw003" =>

Please enter the following information about your Configuration Server:

Configuration Server Hostname =>***d1***ecfw003.<company domain>
Network port =>****
User name =>****
Password =>

Invalid host (***d1***ecfw003.<company domain>) or port (****) for Configuration Server connection.

Installation has terminated.
I've checked the port and the hostname against what I've got in GA under the application, they are correct, however the command line argument features a different hostname from the hostname field:

-host ***d1***eccn002.<company domain> -port 2020 -app "***_SolutionControlServer_01" -l "<port number>@***d1***eccn002.<company domain>:<port number>@***d1***eccn002.<company domain>" -f scs.cfg

So the hostname in the command line argument is ***d1***eccn002 while the hostname in the hostname field is ***d1***ecfw003.<company domain>. When I try to use  ***d1***eccn002 I get the message "

Unable to determine Application Name for the package being installed.
Proceeding from this point may result in Configuration
Server data being out of sync with the actual configuration.
This means that it will have to be updated manually.
Do you wish to proceed (y/n)?"

and I press "n" because that sounds bad. I've tried changing the command line argument in GA and to match what's in the hostname but I get the same result when trying to install it. Where can I find where in Config Server this is configured? I've looked in hostnames in GA and the hostname is ***d1***ecfw003 as it appears in the hostname field under the application itself in GA.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 06:08:38 AM by siegemeister »
Es sitzt keine Krone so fest, so hoch,
Der mutige Springer erreicht sie doch.

Offline borkokrz

From what you've wrote I suppose that some Configuration Server is installed on ***d1***eccn002.<company domain>:2020. So when you enter:
Configuration Server Hostname =>***d1***eccn002.<company domain>
you've got some response. Unfortunately installer can't find any application configured on host specified in first question:
Please enter the hostname or press enter for "***d1***ecfw003" =>

I'm not sure on which host ***_SolutionControlServer_01 application is configured, but the whole name with company domain if configured in GA (hostname.domain) must match. You can check this on host tab of SCS application in GA.

Offline cavagnaro

• Administrator
Your host name must the the exact fqdn name at Linux box.
So if it was configured for full name then that is what you need to register at CME as host name too.
If you open the sh script for installation you will see the command is used to get the host name. Run it and will see what your Linux box returns.

Enviado de meu SM-G9650 usando o Tapatalk

Marked as best answer by siegemeister on February 26, 2019, 05:26:35 AM

Offline jamesmurphyau

That's not true about the FQDN needing to be the Linux host name.. I've run lots and lots of apps using host names (ie the CfgHost in Genesys) that are DNS aliases. You can also have one host run apps under many different hostnames by starting more than one instance of LCA.

What I think siegemeisters problem is is he might be getting confused with all the places Genesys uses the word "host"

"Please enter the hostname or press enter"
Here you need to provide the hostname of the server SCS is installed on, as it is in Genesys. The installer has detected:
Code: [Select]
d1*ecfw003But from your post you need to set it to
d1*ecfw003.<companydomain>
So instead of pressing enter, type the value that's configured in Genesys for the host object SCS is installed on

"Configuration Server Hostname"
Here you need to enter the hostname where config server is installed. The installer uses this (and the port) to connect to config server.
You entered:
d1*ecfw003.<companydomain>But from your post it looks like you should be entering:
d1*eccn02.<companydomain>
"-host" command line argument
This was confusing to me when I started using Genesys. The host command line parameter is not the host the application is installed on, here you need to have the config server host.

Offline siegemeister

That's not true about the FQDN needing to be the Linux host name.. I've run lots and lots of apps using host names (ie the CfgHost in Genesys) that are DNS aliases. You can also have one host run apps under many different hostnames by starting more than one instance of LCA.

What I think siegemeisters problem is is he might be getting confused with all the places Genesys uses the word "host"

"Please enter the hostname or press enter"
Here you need to provide the hostname of the server SCS is installed on, as it is in Genesys. The installer has detected:
d1*ecfw003But from your post you need to set it to
d1*ecfw003.<companydomain>
So instead of pressing enter, type the value that's configured in Genesys for the host object SCS is installed on

"Configuration Server Hostname"
Here you need to enter the hostname where config server is installed. The installer uses this (and the port) to connect to config server.
You entered:
d1*ecfw003.<companydomain>But from your post it looks like you should be entering:
d1*eccn02.<companydomain>
"-host" command line argument
This was confusing to me when I started using Genesys. The host command line parameter is not the host the application is installed on, here you need to have the config server host.

This totally worked! Thank you so much, and thanks to everyone who took the time to read my post and also to respond!

Offline siegemeister

Question, on one of the servers I'm getting an alarm "Host Unreachable, alarm condition(108)" even though the server is starting. This is at a different data center than the other SCS so the naming convention was different, but the application successfully starts in GA. Could I still be getting the host name wrong?

Offline jamesmurphyau

Is it just one host unavailable but others are ok? It's likely your SCS is unable to connect to the LCA running on that host

Offline siegemeister

Ya it's just one I'll check on the LCA. The actual SCS applications are working in good order.