Author Topic: WDE Customization  (Read 3036 times)

Offline PFCCWA

WDE Customization
« on: March 05, 2019, 12:13:08 AM »
Hello,

I am trying to get started on WDE Customization so looking for some explanations on the steps that are provided in the documentation and SDK course.
These seems to be aimed at those with knowledge development software and coding but i'd like to try anyway.
As a guide i think this is what i need to do:

• Create a new class library (.DLL)..  Is this done through visual studio or something else?
  • Create new class.  Seems straightforward
  • Provision the new library.  Makes sense
  • Copy the files and start WDE.  Makes sense, place your files from previous steps into WDE folder where .exe is installed

I have found code in WDE Development Guide for browser pop up using URI which I want to customize into WDE when a call is answered.  What I don't know if where I should copy this code into ie is this in any of the files above? .dll or .xml?
I don't need the pop up to be in a particular frame, a separate window is ok for now.  Seems like a simple customization so hope there is not a need to have greater knowledge elsewhere, yet.
I also found this guide, but unclear as to which file (s) the code is based within.
http://www.lakshmikanth.com/genesys-workspace-desktop-custom-screen-pop/

How can I use a URI passed in attached data?
The following code snippet adds a WPF WebBrowser control to the view. The Case is extracted from the context dictionary of the view and the URL is retrieved from the
attached data of the main Interaction:
public partial class MyCustomView : UserControl, IMyCustomView
{
// ...
public void Create()
{
IDictionary<string, object> contextDictionary = (Context as IDictionary<string, object>);
object caseObject;
if(contextDictionary.TryGetValue("Case", out caseObject))
{
ICase theCase = caseObject as ICase;
// Get the URL from the interaction attached data
string urlField = theCase.MainInteraction.GetAttachedData("URL_field") as string;
// Get URI to navigate to
Uri uri = new Uri(urlField, UriKind.RelativeOrAbsolute);
// Create the web browser control and add it to the view (here an UserControl)
System.Windows.Controls.WebBrowser myWebBrowser = new System.Windows.Controls.WebBrowser();
this.Content = myWebBrowser;
myWebBrowser.Navigate(uri);
}
}
// ...
}

thanks

Offline rmartinez

Re: WDE Customization
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 12:54:36 AM »
Hello

I recommend that you start studying C# language basics
everything has to be created using Visual Studio, the easiest way to start is , when you install WDE several options are diplayed , one of them is developer, when you use this opction, in the folder of instalation are several visual studio proyects of example, you should use this to start your first attempt,
I hope this is usefull