Author Topic: Genesys Recording Solutions  (Read 4619 times)

Offline msd86911

Genesys Recording Solutions
« on: March 07, 2019, 04:34:52 PM »
Hi guys,

How are you, I hope everything is fine.

GIR is one of the most powerful and scale-able recording solution but ... it needs long implementation time, other products knowledge (Elastic search, Cassandra, Python) and a lot of hardware that push small customers to use NETAAN recording instead. So I made a recording system for anyone who just need to view some data for the recorded calls.

The system can be implemented in less than an hour. Using Platform SDK, It integrate with SIP Server, MCP and view interactions on GAX (even the logs can be viewed in Kazimer). Hardware is minimal and can be added to MCP servers.

It supports NETTAN, MSML, trunk, agent, or any type of recording with the ability to work concurrent with GVP based recording solutions.

You can use this URL https://ir.tsavior.com/ to view the solution and get installation package.

let me know what you think with a reply, I will really appreciate your feedback.

Offline cavagnaro

• Administrator
Re: Genesys Recording Solutions
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2019, 09:42:55 PM »
 :o  Will definitively test it.
Thanks for the information
I guess the free part is only for a while, later you have idea on pricing?

Offline hsujdik

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2019, 11:07:11 PM »
Awesome! Are you planning to sell some kind of support?

Edit:
Another question: I just read the documentation and it is not very clear if it supports Multi-Site call transfers and, if so, how should it be implemented. E.g.: All cluster nodes should have a connection to all the SIP Servers? Or a set of nodes can be connected to one SIP Server and another set of nodes connect to another one.

And, congratulations. It looks very promising. Will test it this weekend.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 12:19:53 AM by hsujdik »

Offline msd86911

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2019, 02:01:36 AM »
Of course I will support it and even if I couldn't (due to unavailability of time or solution complexity) I will put source code on github so everyone can help (currently it is not commented enough and will just cause confusion). As for temp license, If it is for personal use (you are not planing to sell it) just send me your MAC and I will generate you a permanent key  ;)

Offline msd86911

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2019, 07:01:04 PM »
lets shed some lights on application behavior maybe it will help you make your own architecture (and sorry for long post):
The application start by connecting with other nodes in cluster then configure and start Cassandra which act as application memory. All nodes within the same cluster should receive same SIP Server events and then they will decide which node will handle new interaction and save its events into memory (Cassandra), if you want to remove a node from cluster you can just set option memory -> active_node -> false then the node will no longer be considered in the cluster and all new interactions will be divide between the reset of active nodes (gracefully stop application will do the same for couple of minutes based on configuration before stopping node).
If a node receive a new event for processed interaction, it will flag it to indicate it needs further processing and save new events into memory.

Once the interaction is finished and files are linked to interaction the node will check if interaction already exist in database, if yes it will add new phase (a phase is a group of events in sequence) into saved interaction else it will create new interaction, if you have an activity on database you can set option permanent -> enabled -> false at run-time and wait for couple of minutes for application to close all connections to database (data is left in application memory until option return back to true).

So for multi site I think you should have 1 cluster for each site and both linked to same database like below, my only concern interaction doesn't close correctly when transferred to other site, If this happened just contact me.

Offline Kubig

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2019, 08:55:24 PM »
It looks very promising and also useful - I am wondering about licensing the PSDK part - is there any law-issue against Genesys? Do we need having business license(s) for PSDK? What are the pre-requisities for this solution?
Genesys certified professional consultant (GVP, SIP, GIR and Troubleshooting)

Offline Janis

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2019, 10:23:51 PM »
Afraid that it is not legal to connect to SIP Server and monitor extensions via T-Lib without buying connector licenses.

Offline jarrod

• InProd CMS
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2019, 06:56:51 AM »
Sorry to say but you will need to pay Genesys for the PSDK license as well. There is a license to use the PSDK and there is a second one called the PSDK runtime license. The latter is for when you did not write the code.

Genesys started up the appfoundry, I think in part to help deal with the complaints that partners were making over this situation.

So that is two additional licenses to use this, talk about double dipping.
InProd is a DevOps, auditing, configuration management and license reporting solution for Genesys Engage. Learn how to speed up deployments by creating reusable changes  www.inprod.io

Offline borkokrz

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2019, 05:00:43 PM »
Not without issues but I've tested and it is looking good and promising. First of all - you must use PSDK 9.0.004. With 9.0.005 there is a problem with netty library. Also under linux names are case sensitive - there is cassandra folder but option cassandra_location=$APP_DIR$/Cassandra and application doesn't start. By default permanent database is disabled and nothing is visible in GUI. It is possible to do the installation only from GAX level, but to successfully import permissions you must create installation package with templates included and import it in GAX. Templates (apd/xml) can't have dots in the names - you have to rename them. Also there is incompatibility between IR GAX Plugin and eServices Manager plugin. If both are enabled export from recording plug-in to excel doesn't work.

Testing environment:
SIPServer 8.1.103.46 (TLib secured with TLS)
MCP 9.0.017.30
GAX 9.0.000.15 and 9.0.0001.21 (Java JDK 8 and OpenJDK 8)
Configuration Server 8.5.101.30 (secured with TLS)
PostgreSQL 11.2
CentoS 7

msd86911 - what about scalability and hardware and DB sizing ?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 02:50:07 PM by borkokrz »

Offline GOOGLE IT

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2019, 10:57:04 PM »
very promising. Just out of curiosity wanted to know how long it took to develop this solution ?

Offline borkokrz

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2019, 06:55:58 PM »
I have a question. Is it possible to somehow separate access to the recordings from different tenants to users from that tenant in GAX Plugin? Do you plan to implement this funcionality in the near future?

Offline genesysnoob

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2019, 06:01:03 AM »
I have a question. Is it possible to somehow separate access to the recordings from different tenants to users from that tenant in GAX Plugin? Do you plan to implement this funcionality in the near future?

isn't this posible using access groups?

Offline borkokrz

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2019, 09:48:12 PM »
You are quite right. I was a little confused, because I've tested with user from specific tenant who is a member of SuperAdministrators group. So he can see all objects. With lower access group assigned he sees only recordings from own tenant.

Offline cavagnaro

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2019, 12:56:44 AM »
OP hasn't logged in since April, so don't expect an update.

Offline jarrod

• InProd CMS
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2019, 02:50:37 PM »
Have just sent him an email to his personal account, he may not be aware of this conversation.
InProd is a DevOps, auditing, configuration management and license reporting solution for Genesys Engage. Learn how to speed up deployments by creating reusable changes  www.inprod.io