Author Topic: Consult Button in ACW  (Read 3861 times)

Offline genesyslearner

Consult Button in ACW
« on: January 14, 2020, 01:43:14 AM »
Hi Experts,

I am looking for the WDE customisation where I need to make consult button available to Agent in ACW state.To explain a bit more , here is the scenario:-
Once agent finishes the Inbound Voice call & he/she is in ACW state, the requirement could be to dial a call which is related to the last Inbound call, thus making it a consult call.
I could think of two solutions: -

1. To retain the consult button after the InteractionVoiceRelease Event and extend the feature in ACW state.

2. To create a new view with consult button & code its functionality and then replace the view with ACW InteractionBar view.

Could you guys please suggest what could be the best approach ? And if there is a better approach to this ,please share.

Thanks

Offline cavagnaro

• Administrator
Re: Consult Button in ACW
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2020, 03:46:00 AM »
Wait... If the original call was released already... There is no way to make a consult call. You are making a new call...so to where and with what are you going to alternate?

Enviado de meu SM-N9600 usando o Tapatalk

Offline genesyslearner

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2020, 07:24:14 PM »
Hey cavagnaro,

I need to introduce a functionality which is similar to consult button but in ACW state. As consult button functions during a active interaction, i need to introduce a button similar to consult and and any call made during ACW using that button, will be mapped to previous call.

Offline cavagnaro

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2020, 08:02:29 PM »
As said... Not possible. Consult call is, while with an active call with customer, you put him on hold and make a new call, therefore as the main ConnID is still alive, yes you can reference it. When the call is released, TServer destroys the ConnID and you can't create a new call with that.
What you can do, is create a new call and associate maybe via an external ID as maybe your CRM ticket number or something like that. So you do a normal call and attach the previous UserData you captured from previous call... But even with that, you have to create an external way to get that linked information as associated for reporting.
The second call even if for your business has a relationship, for telephony world, it doesn't. So Genesys reports will not show them in any way associated.

Offline genesyslearner

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2020, 02:11:41 AM »
So as i can collect from your inputs, it is impossible to associate a manual outbound call in ACW state, with the previous Inbound call for reporting purposes?
Please correct me if my understanding is wrong!

Offline cavagnaro

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2020, 02:51:56 AM »
I would ask there... Reporting from whom? What you are trying to monitor and report are interactions made for a customer contact, right? That is a CRM job. You can even later say, need to send an email, SMS, WhatsApp... Etc, any interaction actually. So, how you associate them? Based on a CRM unique ID like a case number, ticket, etc. Genesys will tell you all interactions for a customer based on customer identification, but, Genesys doesn't have a CRM in it or a ticket number, which is the point of view you are searching for.
Using Informart you could add that ID inside Informart as a KVP and build a custom report based on that ID as key. But again, this is more a CRM solution job.

Offline genesyslearner

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2020, 04:59:36 AM »
Thanks cavagnaro for the suggestions. After lots of discussion on this, the requirement was finally withdrawn.

Offline cavagnaro

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2020, 10:57:06 AM »
Just curious, how did you resolve to achieve it?

Offline genesyslearner

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2020, 05:19:49 PM »
I mean the requirement was to somehow connect the OB call in ACW mode with the last Inbound call for reporting purpose. We thought of containing the Interaction details when the call ends with custom command and connect them with OB call. But somehow requirement got shelved.