Author Topic: Replication factor in RWS and Cassandra keyspace  (Read 1323 times)

Offline ducth

Replication factor in RWS and Cassandra keyspace
« on: March 06, 2020, 04:47:47 PM »
Dear Guy,

I just handover Genesys system and I found some thing different between Replication factor in RWS and Cassandra keyspace.

IRWS config:
  replication_factor: 3

Cassandra keyspace: 6 nodes for DC and 6 Node for DR
 6 DC, 6 DR

Is there any expert who can help me understand the issues?
1. What is replication_factor in RWS use for?
2. What is the impact when RWS replication_factor (In RWS) is not same as replication_factor in keyspace level of cassandra

Thanks so much.

Offline Kubig

Re: Replication factor in RWS and Cassandra keyspace
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2020, 06:34:57 PM »
Configuration related to the Cassandra cluster must be the same on both level (RWS and Cassandra cluster). What is the current replication factor on keyspace level within Cassandra cluster?
Genesys certified professional consultant (GVP, SIP, GIR and Troubleshooting)

Offline ducth

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2020, 07:03:37 PM »
Configuration related to the Cassandra cluster must be the same on both level (RWS and Cassandra cluster). What is the current replication factor on keyspace level within Cassandra cluster?

Current keyspace in my system is 6.
keyspace_name      | durable_writes | strategy_class                                       | strategy_options
--------------------+----------------+------------------------------------------------------+-----------------------
              sipfs |           True | org.apache.cassandra.locator.NetworkTopologyStrategy | {"DR1":"6","DC1":"6"}

Offline Kubig

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2020, 07:25:05 PM »
Mandatory settings is the Cassandra one, so I strongly recommend to fix the incorrect config values on IRWS level
Genesys certified professional consultant (GVP, SIP, GIR and Troubleshooting)