Author Topic: Update userdata during run-time on Callback  (Read 2376 times)

This topic contains a post which is marked as Best Answer. Press here if you would like to see it.

Offline genesys_techie

Update userdata during run-time on Callback
« on: April 09, 2020, 12:40:57 AM »
I have static URL KVP, which needs to be updated with Targeted Agent Data (user name and emp id).

Code: [Select]
URL = 'https://someserver.com?ANI=123456789&DNIS=112233445&AGENTID=<aid>&AGENTNAME=<agent>&DATETIME=4%2F7%2F2020%2B17%3A39%3A43&GUID=ARO6KR61OL3BLAUMK5S7S5JP4O00078H'
I need to update AGENTID and AGENTNAME in the above KVP.

I can update it with my routing during an inbound call to our TFN, but when using callback, how can I change this information at run-time, since GMS uses its own routing strategy and I do not have control over it.

Any ideas?

Offline gen_rtfm

Re: Update userdata during run-time on Callback
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2020, 01:09:37 AM »
Hi,

I'm facing a similar request from a customer where I'm going to use the notification feature of gms callback. Basically you can configure at which events a request should be made to an external URL; which is where your external service URL is configured.

If it works according to docs you should get a http post to the URL when the event occurs in the scxml processing; it seems to expose quite a number of events (all of which are detailed in the notification section of the genesys callback documentation)

I'm in the design phase of our solution, once I've tried it out I can post an update if you don't beat me to it!

Br

Skickat från min Mi MIX 3 5G via Tapatalk

Offline genesys_techie

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2020, 01:54:01 AM »
Thank you! Let me check the notifications section in the documentation, if I am able to figure it out I will update here :)

Offline genesys_techie

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2020, 05:30:43 AM »
So I read through the notification part in the documentation. If I understand this correctly, I would subscribe to orscb notification, and when a specific event in SCXML takes place, I would get a POST message, but how exactly will I instruct ORS/URS to change the URL in the attached data?

Thoughts?

Hi,

I'm facing a similar request from a customer where I'm going to use the notification feature of gms callback. Basically you can configure at which events a request should be made to an external URL; which is where your external service URL is configured.

If it works according to docs you should get a http post to the URL when the event occurs in the scxml processing; it seems to expose quite a number of events (all of which are detailed in the notification section of the genesys callback documentation)

I'm in the design phase of our solution, once I've tried it out I can post an update if you don't beat me to it!

Br

Marked as best answer by genesys_techie on April 25, 2020, 12:28:51 PM

Offline gen_rtfm

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2020, 04:46:46 PM »
So I read through the notification part in the documentation. If I understand this correctly, I would subscribe to orscb notification, and when a specific event in SCXML takes place, I would get a POST message, but how exactly will I instruct ORS/URS to change the URL in the attached data?

Thoughts?

Hi,

Br

Hi,

You'd use the httpcb, not orscb in order to trigger a HTML post when an event occurs in the callback scxml application.

I did a poc on this during the week and it seems to work, but know that you have to have a URL to the receiving service with a top-level domain, so you can't send notifications to an internal web service that isn't reachable from such an URL.

You could either set the url to your notification receiving service in the callback service parameters, or add the kvp as url parameters to override the default setting when registering for a callback.

Br

Offline gen_rtfm

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2020, 01:07:19 AM »
Reading this again I think I might have answered the wrong question.

If you want to update a userdata kvp during routing without touching the strategy you need to use URS web API.

Use the callback notification to trigger a post to a custom web service. That service will in turn make a http-get to a strategy, a parallell execution that requests an update of userdata for connid x, which is the connid of the interaction that has had it's target aquired.

I suppose you could use orscb but then you need to develop a custom ors strategy that can perform those tasks.

Br

Offline gen_rtfm

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2020, 01:58:04 AM »
Reading this again I think I might have answered the wrong question.

If you want to update a userdata kvp during routing without touching the strategy you need to use URS web API.

Use the callback notification to trigger a post to a custom web service. That service will in turn make a http-get to a strategy, a parallell execution that requests an update of userdata for connid x, which is the connid of the interaction that has had it's target aquired.

I suppose you could use orscb but then you need to develop a custom ors strategy that can perform those tasks.

Br

To add to this, there are some serious timing dependencies, you need the chain of events to complete (optimally) before the agent accepts the invite.

Perhaps there's another way, what purpose does the url serve downstream? Can you allow the URL target to receive a separate call adding the agent details separate from the call I assume the agent desktop is doing to the url attached to userdata kvps?

Append the details without them being a part of the original request to the url?

Br