Author Topic: WDE - Send RecordProcess from WDE  (Read 5881 times)

Offline cavagnaro

• Administrator
WDE - Send RecordProcess from WDE
« on: July 26, 2020, 08:56:39 AM »
Hi guys
I am willing to send the RecordProcess from WDE, I am able to do it from PSDK, but I am not quite familiar with WDE API.
I have seen I have to do a IAgent request, but if I extend my module (:IAgent) it gives me a quite lot of errors.
Any one has a working sample?
Thanks

Offline gen_rtfm

Re: WDE - Send RecordProcess from WDE
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2020, 06:08:46 AM »
Hi,

When I read your post my first thought was "isn't that available ootb in wde?"

Do you have a special use case so you need to trigger it without setting record result or mark the interaction as done?

I don't have our environments on hand right now but from what I can remember the ootb way should be available through config, possibly on both campaign/campaign group and wde or just wde.

Did you make any progress since this post?

Br

Skickat från min Mi MIX 3 5G via Tapatalk

Offline abudwill

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2020, 04:28:56 AM »
Hi guys
I am willing to send the RecordProcess from WDE, I am able to do it from PSDK, but I am not quite familiar with WDE API.
I have seen I have to do a IAgent request, but if I extend my module (:IAgent) it gives me a quite lot of errors.
Thanks

Hi Cavagnaro,

You noted RecordProcess, but do you mean RecordProcessed (via Outbound protocol)?  I may have an example of updating both a custom field and mandatory field I can dig up. If you can confirm this relates to outbound/agent desktop I can go see if I still have it.

And as some other alluded to, it is possible to set custom field as editable case data, even forcing a known enumeration/drop down on them from within case data or record information on the interaction. However, maybe that doesn't work out well for your specific use case.

Regards,
Andrew

Offline cavagnaro

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2020, 10:39:27 PM »
Hi,

When I read your post my first thought was "isn't that available ootb in wde?"

Do you have a special use case so you need to trigger it without setting record result or mark the interaction as done?

I don't have our environments on hand right now but from what I can remember the ootb way should be available through config, possibly on both campaign/campaign group and wde or just wde.

Did you make any progress since this post?

Br

Skickat från min Mi MIX 3 5G via Tapatalk

Well I have to make a form to update the CL fields but with some business logics, validations...so that is why need to do it manually.

Offline cavagnaro

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2020, 10:41:02 PM »
Hi guys
Thanks

Hi Cavagnaro,

You noted RecordProcess, but do you mean RecordProcessed (via Outbound protocol)?  I may have an example of updating both a custom field and mandatory field I can dig up. If you can confirm this relates to outbound/agent desktop I can go see if I still have it.

And as some other alluded to, it is possible to set custom field as editable case data, even forcing a known enumeration/drop down on them from within case data or record information on the interaction. However, maybe that doesn't work out well for your specific use case.

Regards,
Andrew

I ended up using WDE Disposition Code to trigger a Treatment, but doesn't satisfy new demands customer is doing.
So any sample will be great.

Thanks

Offline abudwill

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2020, 08:11:04 AM »
I have some old insane experience writing a huge WDE customization where an agent may be a part of one push preview campaign, and if he received a record from a customer (who happened to have records in other campaigns), the customization would show the agent the records from all of the campaigns. Agent could even disposition/handle the records for the campaign he was not actively in. Thought process was, lets contact the customer once and handle all reasons to speak with the customer at one time.

I am sharing this because I learned many good and bad lessons along the way. I went as far as to write a backend server component which I would let WDE communicate with. Then that backend component would decide if it needed to issue PSDK requests to other components (OCS, IXN) or if it could just safely write things to OCS database tables directly (in the case where a record was not in Retrieved state for example).

This leads me to one important clarifying question, the record you are wanting to issue a RecordProcessed for, is it on the agent desktop already as part of normal outbound activity, or are you wanting to update some record not currently on the agent desktop but based on an action the agent is performing?

I will dig up the code sample tonight. The code sample is very specific to updating an outbound record that is actively on the agent desktop via outbound protocol.

One other thing I have done in the past is used advanced treatments (SCXML) for record processing post handling on an agent desktop. Although it has been so long ago, I forget a lot of the specifics and what is possible. But I wonder if looking into that would be useful for you also. Later tonight I'll dig up and post that code sample.

Offline cavagnaro

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2020, 12:52:37 AM »
Yes, customer wants both...update via OCS API...however, for those agents who can't do it because N reasons, update the CallingList via SQL with some pre-checks.
Already explained all the possible scenarios and they agree, but can't afford to lose that update from Agent, even when late.

Offline RonaldButle

-
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2021, 03:51:32 AM »
Hi, i was wondering, what is the stationary for customer service?
Further more, how can i send a mail containing the item i want, without having a character who already owns this item?