Author Topic: Setting Skill Level 0 is Causing Problem  (Read 5036 times)

Offline vivek

Setting Skill Level 0 is Causing Problem
« on: May 16, 2007, 02:52:58 AM »
Hi,

We have provided CME access to our supervisors to change skills & skill levels to agent.

In our case skill level must be 1, 3, 5... etc.

Sometimes supervisors set skill level 0 to an agent. This is causing problem in call routing.
Because our strategy doesn't look for 0 skill level - don't ask me to modify the strategy, because business doesn't want 0 skill level.

I was wondering is there any way we can put some sort of filter in CME so that supervisors can not set 0 skill level?

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 02:56:38 AM by vivek »

Offline mark

Re: Setting Skill Level 0 is Causing Problem
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 05:19:47 AM »
Have never heard of this being possible directly in CME, however, you could look at a product (to purchase or build your own) that will give access to do skill changes via another application, but will have a limit on what can be entered.

Failing that, report it. I'm sure that the workforce managers will love the fact that agents are in a state to not take calls because of the managers.
Don't wish it were easier, wish you were better

Offline victor

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 12:36:37 PM »
Vivek,

unfortunately, I cannot think of a simple way to do it.
My suggestion would be:

1. re-train the supervisor
2. develop a simple application for modifying the skills using GIS or some other Genesys SDK (which costs money)

I am wondering if it is possible to modify operator skills using plain old Genesys ActiveX though...

Kevin

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 10:35:41 PM »
You may want to emphasize to the supervisors that Skill = 0 is the same as the user not having the skill at all.
I have used the Skill = 0 in the past to temporarily remove an agent from a Virtual Agent Group, but wanted to keep that skill there so I knew they were to have the skill to begin with.

tony

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007, 04:21:53 AM »
If only you could, it would be easy enough to set the Skill Level required to "<2", meaning either 1 or 0 would do the trick.  However, as Kevin pointed out, most of the time we would use Skill Level 0 to indcate "no skill".

I'd echo what is here and either get the business to realise the implications and not set the Skill Level to 0 - or make a very small change to your Target in the Strategy, to circumvent these "mistakes" being made by the Supervisors.

Tony

Offline Campfire

• If you must blink, do it now.
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2015, 03:27:41 AM »
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to know if there is any other problems when an agent's skill set values are set to 0 other than no calls are being routed to that agent?
From historical reporting perspective would be more helpful.

Thanks..
GCP Composer 8.1/Designer 8.5/ PSDK 8.5 Developer

Adam G

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2015, 04:05:29 AM »
Hi,

SkillLevel = "0" is a valid integer, the same as "1" - or any other number - it is not "Null".  It's actually what you do with it within your Routing that makes the difference...

If you set a Target as a SkillName @ SkillLevel < "1", it's the same as SkillLevel = "0".
If you set a Target as a SkillName @ SkillLevel <= "1", it will include SkillLevel = "0" and "1".

However, if you set a Target that assumes SkillLevel = "0" actually means "Null", you will run into problems.  For example;

If you design a Strategy which looks for a Target SkillName/SkillLevel which is anything other than (<>) "1" (assuming you are actually trying to get anything higher than "1") - don't forget that it will also include any Agents who have been configured with a SkillName/SkillLevel of "0".  Because "0" is not Null - and it is also not "1".

Offline Campfire

• If you must blink, do it now.
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2015, 03:34:03 PM »
Thanks Adamgill that was quite explanatory. I still have a long way to go with the strategy designing since am new with the technology. Will play with it :P
GCP Composer 8.1/Designer 8.5/ PSDK 8.5 Developer

Adam G

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2015, 06:29:01 PM »
Enjoy!  ;D