Author Topic: Install GsSampleTEObjects.dll  (Read 6707 times)

Offline Bombus

• Do you think it's dead?
Install GsSampleTEObjects.dll
« on: January 28, 2008, 03:40:11 PM »
I downloaded the GsSampleTEObjects.dll file from another topic in this forum, but when im about to install it with
regsvr32. it says:  "DllRegisterServer in GsSampleTEObjects.dll failed. Return code was: 0x80004005".

Do anyone have an idea on how i can install it?
/Marcus

Offline Sylvainsjc

Re: Install GsSampleTEObjects.dll
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 09:36:26 PM »
have you administrator rights to do this ???

Offline Bombus

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 09:39:47 PM »
Yes, tried it on various Computers but the same result.

I read something after i googled it, that i maybee had to do something to do with that the dll wasnt created on this computer. or something.
/Marcus

Offline Sylvainsjc

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 10:11:17 PM »
on what os do you try this ?

Offline René

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 10:12:55 PM »
Bombus,

The dll was compiled using Visual Basic 6 so you need VB Runtime libraries (http://www.microsoft.com/Downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=bf9a24f9-b5c5-48f4-8edd-cdf2d29a79d5&displaylang=en) to register it and use it.

R.

Offline Sylvainsjc

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 10:15:02 PM »
Found on web forum :

If you receive the error code 0x80004005 when using regsvr32.exe, it can be caused by these known reasons:

- You are not an administrator of your machine or a power user. For example, using Windows XP, a user member of the "Users" group will not be able to register the add-in, while a user member of the "Advanced Users" will succeed.
- Your installation of VB5 / VB6 / VBA / Office is corrupted (this is a very rare case). According to reports of users, reinstalling Visual Basic (or simply the last service pack that you were using) or Office should fix the problem.

If you want to register the add-in for a non-admin user, you have 2 options:

Add the non-admin user to the "Administrators" group, log-on with that user, register the dll with regsvr32.exe and remove that user from the "Administrators" group.
Register the add-in using an admin user (that will register the dll as COM component in the machine) and using regedit.exe export (File, Export... menu) the following registry key to a .reg file:

- For Visual Basic 6.0: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Visual Basic\6.0\AddIns\MZTools3.Connect
- For VBA: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\VBA\VBE\6.0\AddIns\MZTools3VBA.Connect

Then, log-on using the non-admin user and import or merge the .reg file into the Windows registry. That will register the dll as add-in for the non-admin user.

Offline Bombus

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2008, 11:53:54 PM »
Ok thanks!

That did the trick!
/Marcus