Author Topic: CALL DROPS ; How to best identify  (Read 8112 times)

Trent

CALL DROPS ; How to best identify
« on: July 15, 2008, 10:09:36 PM »
Hi
We are using AvayaPBX switch and Genesys(VCS). We do have  singinicantcall drops  and it is becoming difficult to find out where exactly calls are getting dropped.

How do we track the entire call ever sicne it gets dialed ? What are the places ( I knew Tserver logs, Popgateway logs and URS logs) ?  Does Dialogic card shows the log for every single call ? Also does AvayaSwitch show the log for every call ? How do we link these logs among SWITCH, DIALOGIC,POPGATEWAY etc. I know CONNID is only available in Tserver,URS logs. In Poggateway we can't find ConnId.

Would some body can kindly give me a detailed steps that I should follow in finding out the problem ?  Callers are complaining that their calls are suddenly getting  dropped and they have to redial. Painful experience for them.

Appreciate your help.

Offline CTIgem

Re: CALL DROPS ; How to best identify
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 09:25:16 PM »
  • Best Answer
  • I would look at popgateway first. But you will need reference from the caller so you can trace it. ANI might be good one.
    If calls getting dropped more than one at the same time, I would suspect T1. If not somewhere in the application or server side.

Offline René

• Administrator
    « Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 01:19:25 AM »
  • Best Answer
  • Trent,

I would start with finding a point where the calls are lost. There are several possibilities - bad connection to PSTN, bad connection between GVP and Avaya switch, wrong configuration of Genesys platform etc.

As the first step I would compare statistic of inbound calls from your public network provider, Avaya switch and GVP. If you have GVP Reporter you can easily compare number of incoming calls with number of incoming calls reported by your provider and number of transferred calls from GVP with number of incoming calls on particular Routing Point on the switch (using Genesys reporting tools like CCPulse+ or CCAnalyzer). If you find any gap between the system you can go deep using log of particular system and possibly find why the calls are being dropped.

Here are some general reasons that could lead to a call being dropped:
    - insufficient capacity of GVP - caller should hear busy tone while dialing your contact centre - ask you PSTN provider for statistic of dropped calls due insufficient capacity
    - insufficient capacity between GVP and Avaya - call is dropped because there is no channel available to transfer call to Avaya switch - monitor load on the trunk between GVP and Avaya. You should be able to find error in PopGateway log
    - insufficient number of external routing points so ISCC operation fails and call could be overtaken by switch and dropped (valid only in case your GVP is deployed in "behind" mode)
    - some issue related to routing like short routing time or call being overtaken by switch

You can ask your agents to try get more information from the customer (when the call has been dropped, what was the last action etc.) as it would be very helpful to have such information.

Hope it helps you
    R.

Trent

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 05:42:45 AM »
  • Best Answer
  • Thank you Rene. But the interesting thing is that Caller was dropped while caller is on the call after providing the information. For example IVR systems asks for Birthdate and by the time caller provides call was cut off.  It is very hard to reproduce at will but there are atleast some % of calls are being reported to be dropped.  What do you think of this scenario ?

Offline René

• Administrator
    « Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 04:29:10 AM »
  • Best Answer
  • Hi Trent,

It's hard to say what the cause of described scenario is. You won't believe but I met the same issue today when calling my mobile operator. Call was dropped when entering my access code. And I know they don't use Genesys and Avaya...

Do you have GVP (PopGateway) log for the period when call drop occurred? Have the customer been calling using his/her mobile of fixed phone?

R.