Author Topic: IPCS silence packets  (Read 7026 times)

Offline smeel

IPCS silence packets
« on: October 28, 2009, 06:49:27 PM »
Hi,

We are having this problem with our GVP 7.6 and an Avaya CM. When an announcement is played and the user presses DTMF within this announcement, we hear this very weard noise. We think this is coming from the Avaya CM because once the DTMF has been received, the IPCS stops sending an RTP stream. We are not using TTS but a regular vox file.

In GVP 7.5 there was an option for the McuXml to Generate silence packets with specific data. We cannot find this option in version 7.6 but not in release notes, not in deployment guides I see that this option has been discarded. Is it moved somewhere else or has genesys moved this option in version 7.6? Has anyone had this behaviour too?

Greetz

Offline smeel

Re: IPCS silence packets
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 09:26:01 PM »
Ok, I have already the information I need. Genesys has rewritten the RTP libraries and now it is standard behaviour that IPCS doesn't send silent packages nor is there a way to activate this. The solution should come from the media gateway ( in our case Avaya).

Greetz

Offline craigr

• My blog
Re: IPCS silence packets
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 02:09:12 AM »
Hi,

Glad I am not the only person with this problem!

The solution depends on what type of Avaya MEDPRO card you are using. All older TN2302 cards should be OK but the newer TN2602 cards have problems. We have found that firmware FW46 is OK but there are problems with FW49.

There is some evidence to suggest that changing VoIP parameters on the card using the command setVoipParam via a telnet session may fix it but I have not tried it myself. The parameters in question are parameter 12 and parameter 65.

Try setting parameter 12 to 0 or 1 using the command setVoipParam 12,0. Also try setting parameter 65 from 1000 to 100.

Also firmware 51 has just been released so that might fix whatever has been broken between FW46 and FW49!

PS: Don't not used FW47 or FW48 or you will start to see dropped calls!

Let me know how you get on.
Craig
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 02:16:23 AM by craigr »
Craig