Author Topic: agent to agent IM / Chat  (Read 6999 times)

Offline Gremlin

agent to agent IM / Chat
« on: December 20, 2010, 02:01:41 PM »
Has anyone customized (GAD or iWS) or developed (via Platform SDK) the ability for IM / chat between agents ?
i.e. Agent-to-Agent IM/Chat.

Also, is GSD able to provide supervisor to agents broadcasting ?

I understand the new iWorkSpace has the ability to do agent-to-agent IM, but is limited to a full SIP environment only. How can we have the same feature for a non-SIP environment (e.g. Genesys with OXE via RSI or Genesys with Avaya via TSAPI) ?

Any advise or ideals are welcome.  thank you in advance !!

Offline René

• Administrator
Re: agent to agent IM / Chat
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 06:12:16 AM »
Hi Gremlin,

It's possible to use UserEvent events to implement chatting between the agents incl. broadcasting of supervisors messages but you should be careful as it may generate significant load on TServer. However, I wouldn't personally recommend you this as TServer wasn't built primary for such functionality. And it should not be too difficult to implement standard IM communication (e.g. Jabber, MSN Messenger etc.) into agent's desktop app.

R.

Offline smile

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 03:43:52 PM »
Hi René

it should be noted that UserEvent events distributed to all clients of T-Server except this one who send request distribute event. Because GAD work as "proxy", it create just one single connection to T-Server, so even if one agent create UserEvent, this event will not be transmitted again to other agents (only if this agents logged in on the another GAD instance).

Well, as for my opinion, this functionality are very desirable in GAD. e.g. agents should have the ability to "say" for supervisor: "help me" or "please connect to call". and vice versa, supervisor should have the ability to say agents (broadcast): "today we have 5% discounts". It's strange, but even Cisco has such features ;(

It's interesting to know who and how do something like this in Genesys contact centres.
With best regards and so on

Offline Timur Karimov

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 06:45:19 PM »
It's interesting to know who and how do something like this in Genesys contact centres.
another point to migrate to SIP - infrastructure )))) no need aditional software or development something else
WBR Thaler

Offline smile

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 07:03:04 PM »
another point to migrate to SIP - infrastructure )))) no need aditional software or development something else
WBR Thaler

IM is very limited solution at present. First of all it support on MS IM and even no jabber! The next is that agent or supervisor can't send broadcast message. And in comparison of CCM - it's not supported on T-Server CCM, only for SIP (sip server for ccm via presence subscription creates much more trouble than can solve).

Offline Gremlin

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2010, 12:25:48 PM »
Well, as for my opinion, this functionality are very desirable in GAD. e.g. agents should have the ability to "say" for supervisor: "help me" or "please connect to call". and vice versa, supervisor should have the ability to say agents (broadcast): "today we have 5% discounts". It's strange, but even Cisco has such features ;(

That's my major challenge today whenever we face an existing Cisco customer.  The tender will always ask for this IM feature for agent-to-agent and supervisor broadcast which we find hard to comply.

So does it mean that even with SDKs we cannot acheive this feature ? What about CommDN event feature ?

Offline cavagnaro

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2010, 09:40:21 PM »
Well Genesys is a CTI, let it do his job, if you want it to be a IM server what will be next? A surveillance server? A recorder system? A webserver? Learn to differentiate layers of service my friend. Let the IM servers do the IM job and let Genesys do what he was intended for.

Offline Timur Karimov

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2010, 03:30:02 PM »
WBR Thaler
IM is very limited solution at present. First of all it support on MS IM and even no jabber!
WOW! ONE STOP here please - we talk about agent2agent IM capatibilites or fully functional IM-Server ?

Offline Timur Karimov

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2010, 03:30:56 PM »
Well Genesys is a CTI, let it do his job.........Let the IM servers do the IM job and let Genesys do what he was intended for.
+10666% for this !
 :)

Offline Gremlin

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2010, 03:51:33 PM »
I think I may have confused the functionality here..

I'm exploring more towards a P2P (peer-to-peer), agent-to-agent chat only - where agents can consult each other and NOT actually a IM solution like MSN, Yahoo or Gtalk...etc

Offline Timur Karimov

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2010, 10:24:55 PM »
I think I may have confused the functionality here..

I'm exploring more towards a P2P (peer-to-peer), agent-to-agent chat only - where agents can consult each other and NOT actually a IM solution like MSN, Yahoo or Gtalk...etc
it's a "standard" feature for SIP T-Server =)

Offline smile

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2010, 03:58:15 PM »
Timur, let's clarify both cases: agent2agent IM capatibilites and fully functional IM-Server.
agent2agent IM capabilities - it's ok, but it works only on SIP Server in spite of using T-lib delivering rather that SIP. Do you know the root cause of such behaviour?
fully functional IM-Server - well, it should be fine but support only proprietary MS protocol.

That's why i'm talking about limited IM functionality. There is no unified solution for IM in framework today.

Offline smile

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2010, 04:01:59 PM »

So does it mean that even with SDKs we cannot acheive this feature ? What about CommDN event feature ?

Gremlin, i don't have too much experience in SDK programming. I suppose you can test it and tell us about result. It shouldn't take too much time for the trial version.

Offline Timur Karimov

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2010, 05:52:11 PM »
Smile  ;D
you crash my brain )) sure!   ;D
so....let did it step by step
1) you already have  the GAD or iWS as agetn workplace. right ?
2) you already have T-Server for Alcatel and Alcatel phone as work tool for you agent. right?
3) you need to add a little ability , let me quote it, "to "say" for supervisor: "help me" or "please connect to call". and vice versa, supervisor should have the ability to say agents (broadcast): "today we have 5% discounts". right?
4) the best option for you  - got solution what does't need any complex development or rebulding you site. right?

WBR