Author Topic: GVP 8 Port Usage and Licensing  (Read 4635 times)

Offline clemouk

GVP 8 Port Usage and Licensing
« on: December 07, 2012, 12:11:07 AM »
I'm reviewing our MCP configuration to determine how best to apply port usage against purchased licenses. I understand that ports are managed as more of a commercial versus technical license agreement. I know I can set the maximum number of ports per MCP, but assuming I've purchased 300 ports with 3 MCP's in the LRG, as this is an N+1 Load  balanced configuration I cannot simply assign 100 ports to each MCP.

The main issue is ensuring that the overall port usage does not exceed 300, however as MCP is also used for call parking what is the best method to apply the licensing? The peak usage reports would give me an indicator of when the ports use is exceeded but as the default profile is used for call parking I'm interested in knowing what methods others have applied to their deployments.

Cheers,
Clemo

Offline Fra

Re: GVP 8 Port Usage and Licensing
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 01:31:27 AM »
Cap licenses at IVR profile level.

Fra

Offline clemouk

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 02:11:18 AM »
What if you have 20+ IVR Profiles for different applications?

Offline bublepaw

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 07:52:11 PM »
There are different places wher You can apply port limits:

- tenant - applies to all apps defined in this tenant
- profile - applies only to profile

For example in You case You set limit to 300 on tenant level and then You can add limit per application. Remember that there are 3 levels of limits.

As for HA ports there is additional license called GVP HA port. This license allows You to install N+1 server. When You do configuration of LRG You have last drop down where You specifiy HA (Active or Standby). For ports purchased as HA You specify Standby - it means that this specific MCP is not used until one of "Active" fails. This allows You have for example 400 ports while only 300 are active.

Offline clemouk

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 08:52:29 PM »
Thanks bublepaw, just read about the tenant level restrictions as well so will take that approach as that suits our installation.

Offline PFCCWA

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2012, 01:57:42 AM »
Just to jump on this post...
If we refer to the voice platform section of genesys administrator, and the call dashboard report.
We are looking at the mcp/resource manager component utlilization - are these figures (such as in progress/peak) indicating how many GVP licenses are being used?

thanks.

Offline clemouk

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2012, 06:43:28 PM »
Yes, PFCCWA - the figures in Call Dashboard give you all of that information, but I'm also looking to create burst policies so as not to affect the customer experience whilst as the same time have visibility of when port usage gets near to the licensing volume purchased in GA.