Author Topic: Queue Hold Position of a Caller  (Read 31435 times)

Offline novembersaint

Queue Hold Position of a Caller
« on: June 18, 2013, 12:00:57 AM »
I am trying to implement a below mentioned scenario, could anyone please let me know how this can be achieved using a strategy.

Customer to hold position in the IVR Queue: Customer calls in the IVR and in case of a long wait, they should be able to get an option of holding their position in the Queue and get a call back when his position is reached after the wait time. In this case, customers will not have to wait in the Inbound Queue and will be able to get a call back on the number after his position becomes 1st in the Queue.

Please do let me know ASAP.

Thanks.

Offline Kubig

Re: Queue Hold Position of a Caller
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 12:16:15 AM »
You are looking for VHT technology - read about it, if your knowledge in Genesys are not usefull.
Genesys certified professional consultant (GVP, SIP, GIR and Troubleshooting)

Offline novembersaint

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 12:38:12 AM »
Thanks Kubig. Yeah I have had the chance to go through VHT. But is there any way we can get the strategy to do this? Please do let me know

Offline cavagnaro

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 01:23:52 AM »
In theory yes, sort of, but not by default, depends on your strategy skills and Genesys components available. Not a straight solution, could be OCS, GVP, something like a mix...

Offline terry

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 05:48:43 AM »
Compared to VHT, etc URS itself provides only very basic support for such things.

Option 1: based on intercepting of call abandoning in strategy (OnCallAbandoned function) starting new session and playing with function SendRequest to generate outbound call. 

Option2.  URS can be instructed to continue strategy for the call even if caller hanged up (as if nothing happen) to the logical end of strategy. When(if) time come to route such "not real" call - URS will generate new one connecting selected agent with the original caller.
Achieved by calling in strategy (or from anywhere else) Update['EXECUTION_MODE', 'VCB'].
Other might be helpful attached keys are: VCB_CONTACT - where to dial (by default it will be OtherDN of EventRouteRequest) and VCB_TIME - UTC timestamp of when dialing is allowed (by default immediately after caller hangs up).

Offline Kubig

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2013, 03:42:09 PM »
Yes, all are right. I know and agree that VHT is not single way how to achieve your need, but from your topic, I understood, that you need solution as soon as possible and your knowledge of Genesys FW or routing are not great, cause I suggest VHT as a complete solution in "one-pack". In case where your knowledge or time are sufficient, you will get that through URS function as well (as suggest others)
Genesys certified professional consultant (GVP, SIP, GIR and Troubleshooting)

Offline Fra

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2013, 05:54:40 PM »
VHT is expensive, complex, poorly integrated and may bring loads of pain. If you want something simple, be aware this is likely to be not your preferred option.

Fra

Offline Scottyjohn

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2013, 06:34:05 PM »
I think Cav gives the best answer above.  Without costly VHT, similar can be accomplished with GVP, and then OCS to handle the outbound calling.

Offline novembersaint

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2013, 04:01:08 PM »
Thanks everyone for the reply. I haven't really got the chance to create any strategies. Any high level thesis or idea would be really helpful. We were asked not to use VHT.

Offline Adam G.

• Still Gorgeous.......
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2013, 06:56:32 PM »
VHT is expensive, complex, poorly integrated and may bring loads of pain. If you want something simple, be aware this is likely to be not your preferred option.

Fra

I am writing an app to offer this functionality to a customer because their view of VH is exactly as you've stated Fra.
I continue to be tortured by Genesys

Offline terry

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2013, 02:12:07 AM »
Can send (if needed) sample of strategy for very very basic call back.
It implement use case like make a call on RP, no agent are available, hangup call, make some agent available. URS will try to dial to caller and connect it with agent.

Offline cavagnaro

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2013, 02:15:30 AM »
URS dial? Triggered by whom?

Offline terry

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2013, 02:37:52 AM »
By nobody (or by itself) - if routing to agent require "preliminary" steps - answering call, transferring call, dialing call - URS will try to perform them automatically.

Also more advanced preliminary actions can be explcitely injected with strategy itself with custom routing.

Offline cavagnaro

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2013, 06:27:02 AM »
Impossible...something must trigger the interaction on a strategy, some interaction. URS can't launch strategies by magic...URS can have 1000 RP and 1000 strategies but if nothing hit a RP nothing will happen.
Going a little step further, URS doesn't dial, URS commands something (TServer) to dial (TRoute) if you want. Can send HTTP commands to somewhere that will dial too. But URS doesn't do dialing itself

Offline terry

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2013, 07:09:08 AM »
Sorry for possible confusing - I am not saying that URS lunch startegies by itself, etc and understand that it just runs strategies triggered by some external event.
In described case - there is such running strategy - the one URS started for original inbound call.
In described use case I just meant the following
- somebody make a call on RP:  URS start some strategy, place call in queues, etc
- no agent are available: call just waiting on this RP
- hangup call: and here is small trick - URS doen't delete call in memory but continue to execute strategy
   as if nothing happen. Call (or its image/placeholder if you like) is left in all queues it was eneterd according to
   strategies etc (even if real call starting the startegy is abandoned). 
- some agent become available: the call (call placeholder) is routed to this agent. As there is no real call
   however it need to be generated first (= predicitive call connecting customer with RP) and after that
   routed to the agent.