Author Topic: SIP (xlite) device calling into route point from IWS/WDE makes transfer call  (Read 4131 times)

Offline nonny

Hi guys

Have a weird behaviour of xlite in a lab that hopefully someone can clear up.  I have xlite registered to SIP server, using IWS/WDE sip end point.  I can call a route point directly in Xlite fine.  But if I try to make the same call in IWS/WDE I actually get an inbound call on xlite that then seems to get a completed transfer to the RP.

Any ideas what would be causing this?

Offline cavagnaro

• Administrator
What Is IWS / WDE?
Where are logs?

Offline nonny

IWS=InteractionWorkspace,WDE=WorkspaceDesktopEdition

When ringing my RP 40000 from Workspace, SIP gets a EventRouteRequest FROM 40000 to my extension 60000 which comes in as an inbound call.

Offline Kubig

From your description is not clear what is the main problem. Could you be more specific please? And, as Cavagnaro has mentioned, logs would be great.
Genesys certified professional consultant (GVP, SIP, GIR and Troubleshooting)

Offline nonny

I've got a lab environment with extensions and route points configured on Sip Server.  For testing I am using Xlite as the soft phone and I can register that fine against a DN.

For the agent, I am running Interaction Workspace.  The agent logs into IWS and uses the place associated with the DN that Xlite is using.

I have a simple routing strategy loaded on a RP.   From Xlite I can dial that RP and hear my strategy treatments fine.

But if I dial the RP from IWS, Xlite rings with an incoming call.  If I answer that call in Xlite I then get connected to the RP.  As I said above when I call the RP in IWS (RP is 40000, extension is 60000), RP 40000 is sending an EventRouteRequest to SIP Server to 60000.

Offline Kubig

It is expected behavior. Why are you using IWS with XLite? IWS has own endpoint, so the XLite endpoint is not necessary in this mode.

The agent logs into IWS and uses the place associated with the DN that Xlite is using.
This does make a sense for pure-IP solution.
Genesys certified professional consultant (GVP, SIP, GIR and Troubleshooting)

Offline cavagnaro

• Administrator
Xlite free version has limits like 3pcc but paid version does work fine and better with correct DN configuration. Check the forum for 3PCC with Sip devices