Author Topic: Virtual Hold  (Read 34569 times)

Offline Andy

Virtual Hold
« on: February 07, 2008, 01:16:21 AM »
Hello,

I'm a Software Engineer and I recently joined the forum.
With that, Vic asked if I could write up a brief description about our product, "Virtual Hold".

So briefly......

Our Purpose:
The primary function of Virtual Hold (VH) is to offer callers the option for a call back rather than waiting on hold.  This allows the caller to do something productive while waiting for an agent to become available.
Plus, when the caller finally reaches an agent they are not frustrated about being on hold for an extended period and agents are less stressed by irate callers.
Virtual Hold also allows the call center to flatten the call load by spreading it across more time.

In a Nutshell:
When a call arrives VH will check the current EWT and if the EWT is less than the define threshold, typically 2-3 minutes, the call will be routed to the ACD Queue.  Just as it normally would and the caller is on hold.
If the EWT is over the defined threshold, VH will route the call to an IVR for VH treatment. The VH IVR may (optionally) announce the EWT to the caller and VH will offer the caller the choice for a call back rather than waiting on hold. 
If the caller chooses to remain on hold then they will be transferred from the IVR to the ACD hold queue to wait for an agent.
If the caller chooses a call back they will enter their phone number and name and the call will be terminated. 
However, VH will maintain their position in queue and call them back moments before they would have moved from the ACD queue to an agent,
The caller will then be transferred to the front of the queue and to the next available agent.   
If the phone number VH is calling back, happens to be busy, or does not answer, VH can be configured try again.

VH can communicate with your phone switch through the Dialogic CTConnect product, Cisco, and/or Genesys. 

What Else?
VH can also schedule the call back for a specific time, up to 7 days in the future.
VH will gather the User to User data from the call, store it, and then reattach the data to the call back call, thus preserving screen pop capabilities.
VH can supply queue statistics to reader boards.
VH can obtain the staffing forecast from WFM applications, so that it may be used to enhance Virtual Hold's estimated wait time calculation
VH can operate in "Queue Speak" mode, announcing the EWT, but not offering the call back option.
VH can also put calls into the queue through a Web interface.

For more info:
The Virtual Hold web site is at: http://virtualhold.com

If you have question or comments please let me know.

Andy Bender
Virtual Hold Technology
AndyBender@VirtualHold.com

« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 12:45:14 AM by Andy »

tony

Re: Virtual Hold
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 06:19:23 AM »
Thanks for the overview, Andy,

I've a few questions, if I may..?

How does Virtual Hold validate a callback number?  - wouldn't want to dial up 911/999 just because it's in the callback queue - the same for an international number, for that matter..!  Or perhaps it would be useful to be able to validate it against our known customer telephone/mobile numbers, just to make sure it's "one of ours" - is that possible?
How does Virtual Hold handle Queue Priority? Within Genesys (dynamic) Routing, they can change quite frequently based on demand, customer value, etc.  Is this dealt with by Virtual Hold or the local Routing Rules?
Does Virtual Hold operate in front of or behind a switch/PBX?
Is it possible to present Virtual Hold from within the cloud (a Network (TDMS))?
Does Virtual Hold require licensing from Genesys?
Can Virtual Hold work in conjunction with GVP(NE)?
Does Virtual Hold work with non-voice Channels?

Thanks,

Tony

Offline cavagnaro

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 02:51:46 PM »
Interesting, I did a small "virtual hold" involving IRD and OCS.
How would you handle attached data? Mean, customer enters on an IVR, selects option 3 which has more priority than 1 and 2, then as he is on queue he chooses go to virtual hold, how would you handle that priority after you return the call? What if he pressed 2 and another call with more priority arrives? The order will be manteined?
What happen to those calls with extensions like office buildings? any way the user can record his extension?

Offline mark

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 07:39:29 PM »
On the attached data part, a customer could have been through a few IVRs and DB dips, attaching lots of data to the call, is the attached data kept by virtual hold so that when the call comes back into the contact centre, the attached data is present to trigger screenpops and value routing?

In terms of cost, how does VH compare against a company that already has OCS and the ability to create their own version?
Don't wish it were easier, wish you were better

Offline Ecamu

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2008, 06:43:16 AM »
Some answers to Tony's questions...

How does Virtual Hold validate a callback number?
It has a phone number validation table built in.You can create rules using wildcards like "*11" or "800*" or you can even block a 10 digit phone number if you like.

Or perhaps it would be useful to be able to validate it against our known customer telephone/mobile numbers, just to make sure it's "one of ours" - is that possible?
It's possible to hit a DB, but not preferred because a customer may want to use their cell phone, but the home phone is the only one in the DB.

How does Virtual Hold handle Queue Priority?

Priority is handled by your existing routing engine, like Genesys or Cisco or Avaya. Virtual Hold directs calls to route points controlled by the engine. Routing scripts take it from there.

Does Virtual Hold operate in front of or behind a switch/PBX?
Could be either way. Most common is behind.  In-front would then integrate with your in-front IVR utilizing Virtual Hold web services interface. There's a WSDL too. But you got to buy it from them.

Is it possible to present Virtual Hold from within the cloud (a Network (TDMS))?
Yes. Integrates with network IVR's using web services.

Does Virtual Hold require licensing from Genesys?
If your using GVP, no. If your using Virtual Hold's IVR, then I think so, for those ports (configured like VTO's in CME).  Genesys licensing is a little confusing to me so don't take this for gospel.

Can Virtual Hold work in conjunction with GVP(NE)?
Yes for GVP EE, but NE is a differnt animal so I'm not sure.

Does Virtual Hold work with non-voice Channels?
Yes. Somebody integrated VHT with Genesys SIP server and it works.

tony

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2008, 07:24:54 AM »
Thank you - this does actually help me to understand the product a lot better. I had some mis-conceptions for a while...  ::)

Tony

Offline Ecamu

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008, 12:21:25 AM »
Help answering cavagnaro's questions....

How would you handle attached data?
It's fully integrated using T-Library, so attaching data is a snap. Soon to be fully integrated using the new Genesys Platform SDK.

Mean, customer enters on an IVR, selects option 3 which has more priority than 1 and 2, then as he is on queue he chooses go to virtual hold, how would you handle that priority after you return the call? What if he pressed 2 and another call with more priority arrives? The order will be manteined?
When you call somebody back, it's their turn, they already waited in virtual hold, so they have to go to the front of the line and get the highest priority so that they get answered quickly.  You can do this easily in a URS strategy by checking for a new key value pair. When you have URS, you can create a virtual queue for each priority and Virtual Hold can calculate an expected wait time for each virtual queue. This helps maintain the priority integrity as well.

What happen to those calls with extensions like office buildings? any way the user can record his extension?
Everybody in an office has a DID. It's a non issue.  However, Virtual Hold can ask for an extension or department number and you can program it to dial the extension number a few moments after dialing the main number and connecting to an auto-attendant.

Offline cavagnaro

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2008, 02:12:45 AM »
Nice. Thanks :) Seems very interesting to try and offer

Offline Ecamu

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2008, 04:02:43 AM »
Answering Mark's questions...

On the attached data part, a customer could have been through a few IVRs and DB dips, attaching lots of data to the call, is the attached data kept by virtual hold so that when the call comes back into the contact centre, the attached data is present to trigger screenpops and value routing?

All of the KVP's are kept in virtual hold's memory after they hang up.  After the callback, VH uses T-attach data or T-update data function call and sticks all the original data back on the call. Then, when it lands on a URS controlled route point, it can be properly routed and the screen will pop.

In terms of cost, how does VH compare against a company that already has OCS and the ability to create their own version?

Virtual Hold costs a lot more than OCS. But it's different than OCS or some other dialers that just launch bulk calls. Our company has a dialer, but also uses VH. I guess the mystery is: what triggers the precision dialing? So, I guess the cost of in-house development is weighed versus the cost of VH and the suits decide from there.

zebra21

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2008, 09:02:51 PM »
Hi!

after reading the comments, I looked into documentation a bit and it is great in terms of concept, but I was very puzzled by lack of standardized Genesys-compatible logging. It did not look anything like Genesys-related logs. What worse, if my memory serves me right, it used to create new folder for every day, right? Do you plan on changing it?

If I am not mistaken, VHT uses internal stats - why is it not based on Stat Server?

Also, last but not least, is it possible to get it to work with SIP TServer without the use of Dialogic cards (via SM use).

Offline Ecamu

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2008, 05:21:09 AM »
The integration still has more to go.  But I don't think logging compatibility is one of the items. Stat server integration I think is in the future though.

Not sure about the log files...but I believe it creates a new file based on file size, not date.

It works with SIP server, GVP and a voice gateway. This config requires no dialogic cards.

Offline mark

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2008, 06:24:32 PM »
Answering Mark's questions...

All of the KVP's are kept in virtual hold's memory after they hang up.  After the callback, VH uses T-attach data or T-update data function call and sticks all the original data back on the call. Then, when it lands on a URS controlled route point, it can be properly routed and the screen will pop.

Thanks for the answers Ecamu :]

Virtual Hold costs a lot more than OCS. But it's different than OCS or some other dialers that just launch bulk calls. Our company has a dialer, but also uses VH. I guess the mystery is: what triggers the precision dialing? So, I guess the cost of in-house development is weighed versus the cost of VH and the suits decide from there.

Don't wish it were easier, wish you were better

Robert

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2009, 12:01:18 AM »
Hi

You can integrate the VHT software with: Dialogic GVP, SIP Server environment and GVP.
The Stream manager isn't supported with the VHT as far as I know.

The VHT has it's own system of writting logs. It is completely different from the Genesys logs.
Most important are Main and Tial logs.

Bye

Offline arisco97

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2010, 07:18:26 AM »
When Virtual Hold is in front of the switch servicing a Network IVR, how does VH know which ACD to queue the call to? Assume a multi ACD location organization. Is VH essentially associated to specific ACD or can be positioned as virtualized leveraging multiple ACDs?

How does VH initiate a outbound call? Through the integrated VR platform?

Offline sampsonr

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2010, 11:26:08 PM »
Hello arisco97,

Essentially, Virtual Hold is an IVR. You can connect Virtual Hold to muliple ACDs and it can monitor any queues within the ACD. Virtual Hold is designed to intergrate with Genesys so it will register the Genesys VQs you define and monitor the ASA and calls in queue.

I have always used Virtual Hold behind the switch, however I am pretty sure Virtual Hold will work in front the switch.