Author Topic: Latest Version of our Quest Server  (Read 32036 times)

Offline victor

• Administrator
Latest Version of our Quest Server
« on: June 07, 2007, 02:02:44 PM »
Dear all,

here is the latest version of our quest server. There are several problems with this version (not the least of them being that most of the stats are in japanese). Also installation is a bit of a pain, but there is a manual that you can follow up here:

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dcxgg94b_2dv7x7w

Please keep in mind that it was developed by us and we were not thinking about throwing open until we saw a lot of people needing it, so the first installation will be clunky, but if you follow instructions, it will work :)

Since it was developed in our Japanese and Thai offices, I am sure you would find one or two spelling mistakes and such, so please notify us ASAP so that we can fix it.

I am working hard on getting the SETUP.EXE for it which would install the whole thing without giving you too much hard time, but it is still some time off. As always, please please please help us make it better! If you are a programmer and have some free time, or if you are an SV and have some ideas about the stats or if you just would like to help, please contact me. I am release this source code as is and the only thing that I ask is please give our company the credit it deserves for developing this nor matter how buggy it might not be.

Here is a very primitive instruction on how to add and remove queues from it:
http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dcxgg94b_20g8mgqk

IMPORTANT: THIS PROGRAM AND ITS SOURCE CODE IS NOT TO BE USED IN JAPAN OR BY JAPANESE VENDORS/SYSTEM INTEGRATORS WITHOUT PRIOR WRITTEN PERMISSION FROM STAR SYSTEMS JAPAN. please info@starsystems.co.jp for more information.

I personally would like to thank the following people for making this program:

STAR SYSTEMS JAPAN STAFF
STAR SYSTEMS THAILAND STAFF
ALI D. KOYUNCU

Without them, none of it would be possible.

Best regards,
Vic
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 06:41:38 PM by victor »

Offline victor

• Administrator
Re: Latest Version of our Quest Server
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 06:32:44 PM »
Here is a BEAUTIFUL SCREEN of both CCP-like view and streamer for softphone
[attachimg=1]

Offline bublepaw

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2007, 02:38:25 AM »
Hi Victor,

I've got some spare time so I can do some work and testing with this code, of course if there are some english comments in it because the only to languages ( those spoken ) I can use are polish and english. Where can I find source code :)?

Regards

Paul

Offline victor

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 03:27:03 PM »
Hi, bublePaw,

the program is enclosed with the original post. I wish I had time to write the comments for it, but I simply do not have time yet. Aaargh, I know I need to, because it will make life easier for all of us.

Try to compile it first and see if you got everything alright!

Offline cavagnaro

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2007, 01:07:52 PM »
Hi Vic, on your picture, what does Columns that indicate 5 and 3 are for? What do they mean?

Col1=Delete
Col2=Name
Col3=Alias
Col4=Type
Col5=??
Col6=??
Col7=CallsWaiting
Col8=TimeonQueue
Col9=Tserver

Right?

Offline cavagnaro

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2007, 01:28:46 PM »
When i launch questClient it opens an HTML web page indicating for a login, on the source i see there are some additional forms, how to open it?

Offline dmonast

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2007, 05:23:01 AM »
Are we stating here that this QuestServer is the Wallboard Server Development project?

If so, I wished we could have started from the ground up instead of an existing project outside of this forum.
I need an exterminator for all of these bugs

David Monast
Wachovia

Offline cavagnaro

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2007, 05:34:11 AM »
? Quest is the Wallboard Project.
What do you mean outside this forum?

Offline dmonast

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2007, 06:29:24 AM »
Pior to posting, I read all of the posts and found nothing that stating "Quest is the Wallboard Project" or something like that.

As for the 'outside this forum'...take the below quote from victor:
IMPORTANT: THIS PROGRAM AND ITS SOURCE CODE IS NOT TO BE USED IN JAPAN OR BY JAPANESE VENDORS/SYSTEM INTEGRATORS WITHOUT PRIOR WRITTEN PERMISSION FROM STAR SYSTEMS JAPAN. please info@starsystems.co.jp for more information.

I personally would like to thank the following people for making this program:

STAR SYSTEMS JAPAN STAFF
STAR SYSTEMS THAILAND STAFF
ALI D. KOYUNCU

This made me think the Quest Server development was an existing project prior to this Wallboard Server project.

So if this Wallboard Server effort has been code named Quest Server then so beit.
I need an exterminator for all of these bugs

David Monast
Wachovia

Offline victor

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2007, 05:06:52 AM »
Well, it was just an attempt to bring some of the basic sourcfe code that we commonly use to the rest of the community. QuestServer is Wallboard Server. We have used QuestServer platform to further develop new products for us, so the fundamentals are pretty solid (except for poorly constructed code).  Can it be written better? Yes! Would someone actually do it? Maybe. But for the moment, this is all that we have.

Idea behind QuestServer is very simple: a lot of stuff that we develop is actually too basic and simple, and yet, I see companies charge each and every client hundreds of thousands of dollars for something that should have been delivered as part of Genesys solution. Wallboard and softphone are excellent examples, because both are needed by a call center, yet, softphone is always considered to be a third-party application that needs to be developed per client. I really do not get it. Of course, there are some cases where it is necessary to develop something new, but in most cases, I see the same softphone toolbar sold again and again. Why?

I think it is time for companies to start coming up with better way of charging clients than this. Genesys Desktop Toolkit is inadequate by itself and no one has built anything to replace it. Now, we have each and every VAR offer their own softphones, without any free alternatives. I am hoping to change this. QuestServer is an attempt to build a following for open-source alternatives to pricey thrid-party applications. Will it work? Only time will tell. For right now, we had over 2000 downloads of QuestServer, so at least someone is using it.

In a few weeks, I am planning on releasing opensource softphone. Anyone interested in testing?

Best regards,
Vic

Offline cavagnaro

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2007, 05:05:25 PM »
 ;D Count on me for working on those tests

Kevin

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2007, 06:23:20 AM »
Always willing to help with testing - as long as I am not the subject being tested on...

Offline Daimonas

• There's a fish in every bowl.
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2007, 04:38:42 AM »
Count me in on the test. I use Genesys support phone for most of my testing needs and I have developed my own soft-phone that I use for special cases in the call center (based on the ActiveX toolkit).
CGRP 6 / CGE 7
GCP 7 / CIV 8 / SIP 8

Offline alex_sydney

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2008, 02:17:38 PM »
Hi Victor,

After following all install points (that are documented) ... still have no luck of firing up Quest Server.

Getting error:
                     Run-time error '429':
                     ActiveX component can't create object.

Any hints?

Thanks for your help...

oh... the OS is Win2003Server

Offline victor

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2008, 03:03:12 PM »
Hi, Alex,

my guess would be that you do not have Genesys ActiveX installed and registered on that machine. Am I wrong?

Best regards,
Vic